13 replies to this topic

#11 rvalenka

rvalenka
  • 353 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 19, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
  • LocationLexington, Kentucky, United States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

We chose Play Del Carmen because the beauty of the beach was most important to us. I also loved the accessibility to nearby ruins and other adventures!
Happy Planning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 Kardev

Kardev
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

Happy planning, we are also trying to decide between Cancun, PV and Cabo and are from Canada. I am the mother of the groom doing the research:) any suggestions would be appreciated.

#13 angelajackson

angelajackson
    • Site Supporter
    • 114 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 6, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Larimar Punta Cana
    • LocationSpruce Grove, AB

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:19 AM

I agree, Cancun flights and Resort options are more abundant. I decided on Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, however I am now a bit disspaointed that my TA wasn't able to quote at NOW Sapphire as well as @KathyandEthan.

I love the wedding Packages at HRH and the Perks, but those perks benefit us more than our guests. I wouldve liked an AM Resort in my budget and seeing that it was possible, is a bit concerning.

Will have to take a deep breath and short walk before I email my TA who has been nothing shy of amazing so I am sure there is a valid explanation.

#14 KathyandEthan

KathyandEthan
    • 170 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
    • LocationCancun Mexico

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

I agree, Cancun flights and Resort options are more abundant. I decided on Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, however I am now a bit disspaointed that my TA wasn't able to quote at NOW Sapphire as well as @KathyandEthan.

I love the wedding Packages at HRH and the Perks, but those perks benefit us more than our guests. I wouldve liked an AM Resort in my budget and seeing that it was possible, is a bit concerning.

Will have to take a deep breath and short walk before I email my TA who has been nothing shy of amazing so I am sure there is a valid explanation.

My TA didn't quote me with Now Sapphire either. She kept showing me great wedding packages at other hotels but I told her that I was more concerned with keeping the cost low for my guest and not necessarily the wedding packages for us. 

After a while I decided to sign the contract with Now Sapphire by myself and not use a TA. All the prices the TA were giving were the same if not more than if I went directly to the hotel.

Not sure if I just had a bad travel agent or what not but I feel like I was doing more work than her and I found a lower rate for my guest than she did. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cabo, destinationwedding, Mexico, BDW Newbies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users