#1 Mrsktobe

Mrsktobe
  • Site Supporter
  • 371 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 11, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Akumal/Blue Venado Beach Club
  • LocationOkotoks, AB

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

I was thinking of getting potted flowers for our centerpieces.. Just because I’m not a huge flower person – Don’t get me wrong I am a girl, I love flowers but I feel bad that they get cut and then die! Lol J

Do you think that would look tacky for our beach side wedding? I must note we are getting married off the resort... What I am thinking is getting potted flowers from Sam’s club or somewhere or having my wedding coordinator find some and then after the reception, donating them to a hospital or care home.

Thoughts ladies?

#2 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

I love that idea!!! I think its wonderful! And I think potted flowers could look great beachside if they are in the right pot. And I think it would be lovely of you to donate them! I once had a boyfriend buy me a potted flower for my birthday instead of a bouquet because he said it would last a lot longer. Although we broke years and years ago, I am pretty sure my mom still has the plant at her house (this was WAY back in high school lol!).

#3 Mrsktobe

Mrsktobe
  • Site Supporter
  • 371 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 11, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Akumal/Blue Venado Beach Club
  • LocationOkotoks, AB

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

That's what my thought is.. either orchids or something, you can get them for cheap at walmart or Sam's club and then donate them :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users