Photo

David's Bridal for Bridesmaid Dresses ~ QUESTION!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Heidi

Heidi
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:15 AM

Has anyone ordered bridesmaid dresses from David's Bridal? Any idea how long they'd take to come in? I called our local store and they weren't too much help! She told me 4-6 months to be safe.

My bridesmaids all live out-of-state (except for my sister). We have an appointment for December and I'm having a little 'ticker anxiety' ~ I didn't realize how close we were until very recently!! Do you think 3-4 months is enough notice? Or should I just tell everyone to go on their own to get their dresses?

What do ya think
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:17 AM

One of my friends and I were just talking about this yesterday. The wedding I was in 2 weeks ago we got the dresses from Davids Bridal. They told us 4-6months and they were seriously in within 1 month! I've heard that happens a lot there.

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:22 AM

oh they told us 4-6 weeks, my dress (first one) didn't even take more than 2 months.
      Ours were all in with plenty of time and I ordered two of them in early may and they were in mid june, then they still had a month for alterations, and you can always pay an extra $25 for express alterations which is what I did for my second dress.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:25 AM

They overestimate to be safe. But it might be a good idea to have the girls go sooner. They will probably need to have them altered. They are usually pretty long. I'd take it somewhere else b/c david's alteration prices are high.

#5 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:28 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          They overestimate to be safe. But it might be a good idea to have the girls go sooner. They will probably need to have them altered. They are usually pretty long. I'd take it somewhere else b/c david's alteration prices are high.
          I agree about not getting them altered there. I just had my bridesmaid dress altered there and it was much more expensive than the places the other bridesmaids went (i.e. $85 as opposed to $30!).

#6 starfish kate

starfish kate
          • 455 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:32 AM

I think it depends on the manufacturer. The bridal shop told my sister 8months for her gown, and it was 8 months exactly. For our bridesmaids dresses, they told us 3-4 months and they were in after about 8 weeks. I'd check at David's to see if there are mfg's that tend to be quicker.
            Kate

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:34 AM

My BM dresses were from their ready to wear collection so I was told those are ready faster. My BMs were all over too. One in L.A. didn't have time to go, ordered it over the phone and paid $15 to have it shipped to her house. She got it in about 6 weeks, no problem. One in New Orleans got hers in about 4 weeks but needed it altered. They're right - don't do it there. Her $120 dress cost her $250.

Two other BMs had issues with the particular location. The dresses took 3 months and when they came in one was snagged and one had a spot on it! They had to go through corporate (if you can believe that) to get it resolved. In all, it took almost 4 months for them. To be absolutely safe give them 4 months.

Which dress did you pick?

#8 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,328 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:35 AM

about alterations- i recommend that after they measure you, that you try on a dress in that size in front of the salesperson. they measured me a 6 and i was blown away by that, so i asked to try on a 2 (which is what i knew i was) and that fit way better and was still a little loose. if you're not someone who yoyos in their weight then i recommend getting a dress that will fit you without major alterations.. save the hassle.. bridal salons just like to make some extra bucks on the alterations. :)

#9 Heidi

Heidi
                • 2,642 posts

Apparently the dresses we're looking at are popular. That might be why it's a longer estimate too...

These are the 4 I think we're getting (in case anyone was wondering!). I just picked the color & they are picking whichever style they want:
                  David's Bridal - Bridesmaids, Dress Detail
                  Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#10 Dbell

Dbell
                  • 455 posts

So you don't strees out, I would have the BMs go out and get their dresses. I ordered a dress for my daughter from David's this summer and it came within 3-4 weeks. For your peace of mind and one less thing to worry about, I agree to have them get from where they each reside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users