I am new to this site and it looks awesome!! I am getting married in Cabo at Hacienda Cocina Summer of 2014. I am planning on having approximately 75-80 guests. The venue is all set and now I just started planning the rest. I would LOVE any recommendations on the following:
1) Wedding Coordinators!!! (so far I have narrowed in down to 2 I think are legit, however any well priced recommendations would be great! Must an excellent negotiator, able to work within a strict budget and be on my "team" as I haven't gotten that feeling from all of the events planning / coordinators I have spoken with and I feel like I have requested info from them ALL!).
2) Reception Lighting and Decor - we have to rent tables, linens, and center pieces so recs on a one stop shop would be great!
3) Music - DJs and Mariachi recs.
4) Hair and Makeup - it's really important to my mom!
5) Photographers - enough said!
Let me know how your wedding experience was a Hacienda as well! Where did you recommend your guests stay? I don't think I am going to move forth with blocks because from my inquiries they all want mass deposits and are not willing to really give any substantial discounts for groups as compared to what can be found on commercial travel sites so it just seems risky and not really worth the hassle. It will be summer time so from what I have seen the prices can be very affordable if booked early. But if this is crazy - suggestions are welcome! Help help help please!