Photo

Black Tie/Formal attire wedding... is it possible?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
  • 198 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Hyatt Zilara/Gran Caribe Real
  • LocationCancun

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

I recently got engaged and even though we would LOVE the idea of having a destination wedding I am not a "toes on sand" wedding person. My personality is very "lets dress up and look our bestbling elegant ish" Is the formal attire wedding in Mexico or DR even possible? i am not going to have it on the sand but would love the beach on the bckground... did any of you have one like this? would you be able to show me how you word it for everyone? what was your wedding party dresses/tux like?

#2 cmingalone

cmingalone
  • Site Supporter
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Hi, I have similar tastes, not going for the flip flops or barefoot look by any means.. We are getting married in Feb in Punta Cana. We are having a formal resort chic type...We are getting married at the Jellyfish resteraunt and we are having the ceremony on hte beach and the reception insidet he open air restaurant. However have requested a wooden platform to be built so we dont have to walk to stand in the sand.I plan on wearing fablous heels with my gown and my fiancee is wearing a black custome made suit , so not black tie with tuxs but he didnt want the traditional linen suit. I think it helps that we are getting married int eh "winter"..things tend to be a bit more fomal during that time Hope this helps good luvk!!

#3 TrooDIVA

TrooDIVA
    • 43 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 24, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
    • LocationMontego Bay, Jamaica

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

Hi, We are not going for the barefoot in the sand type of wedding either. My gown has a long train and people know me for my shoes, so of course I have to have some sick footwear on my wedding day. We will take pictures on the beach, but our ceremony will be overlooking the ocean. The guys will be in suits (not linen) and we are asking that our guests be island chic (no jeans).

#4 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
    • 198 posts
    • LocationCancun

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

thats awesome! do you have ideas on how to make invitations elegant but beach oriented? what resort are you using? did you find the prices going higher because of this season? what made you pick Punta Cana?

#5 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
    • 198 posts
    • LocationCancun

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

have you been in the caribe in October? i would love to pick that month but I am afraid of hurricaine season :(

#6 cmingalone

cmingalone
    • Site Supporter
    • 100 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

My invites were a labor of love! Took 3 months if design but they are exactly what u mentioned, chic and elegant but still incorporating the beach aspect. The girl I found is just getting her part time business off the ground so they were very affordable. Posted Image

#7 cmingalone

cmingalone
      • Site Supporter
      • 100 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Posted Image

#8 cmingalone

cmingalone
        • Site Supporter
        • 100 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Posted Image

#9 cmingalone

cmingalone
          • Site Supporter
          • 100 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Posted Image

#10 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
            • 198 posts
            • LocationCancun

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

they are beautiful!! :D i need to start getting quotes for them- how did you find them? did you do any save the dates?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users