csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by JHo2013 

Ceremony Space

This is a picture that's very close to what I would love to see on my wedding day (it's a photo borrowed from Sgreen99 who also just got married at Grand Sirenis)

But I'd ask for peach colored sashes instead of the coral to match my wedding colors

I've also ordered buri fans from http://www.beau-coup.com but it's now sitting with UPS since they won't deliver it after 5pm when I'll be home from work. And I was charged a $40 brokerage fee on top of what I paid so it turned out way more than I wanted to spend. I'd look around some more if you're in Canada. 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

Kissing Balls

I made 10 kissing balls to hang off the chairs down the aisle. It took around 40 mins to make each ball. The first couple took over an hour because I didn't have a wire cutter. I always do things the hard way. If you plan on doing this project, please get yourself a wire cutter - it really makes life so much easier. 

The kissing balls will also double as a center piece after for the reception

Unity Sand Kit

I got this beautiful unity sand frame from etsy 

http://www.etsy.com/...op_home_active 

Where did you get those flowers? I am looking for coral flowers and am having the hardest time to find them. I am in Canada! Any chance you'd be willing to sell them now that your wedding is over? They are gorgeous!

#32 Tinkerbell82

Tinkerbell82
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Loving all of your DIY projects!  Everything is beautiful. :)

#33 JHo2013

JHo2013
    • 109 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

Where did you get those flowers? I am looking for coral flowers and am having the hardest time to find them. I am in Canada! Any chance you'd be willing to sell them now that your wedding is over? They are gorgeous!

Hi - so sorry for the delay!! It's been a little bit crazy! I purchased the big coral dahlias from Walmart! And the giant cabbage roses are also from Walmart. The coral hydrangeas are sold out (I actually went to 8 different Michael's to find as many stems of these as I can as they were being discontinued... that's the thing with waiting for stuff to go on sale!) I don't have the full amount of the flower balls any more as some people took some home. How many did you need? I can see how many I have left over :)

#34 csho

csho
      • 1,007 posts
      • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi - so sorry for the delay!! It's been a little bit crazy! I purchased the big coral dahlias from Walmart! And the giant cabbage roses are also from Walmart. The coral hydrangeas are sold out (I actually went to 8 different Michael's to find as many stems of these as I can as they were being discontinued... that's the thing with waiting for stuff to go on sale!) I don't have the full amount of the flower balls any more as some people took some home. How many did you need? I can see how many I have left over :)

I actually found a bunch of coral flowers over the weekend at Homesense... They are really hard to find! But thanks for getting back to me. I think I have enough now though! But they are super beautiful! And congratulations on your wedding!!!

#35 Leelou2000

Leelou2000
      • 35 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

Can't wait for your review!!! Ahh so excited!!!

#36 traylynn

traylynn
        • 154 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Wow great planning thread. I cant wait to see the pics

#37 Xarocas

Xarocas
          • 157 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

I love this thread! Tks!!

#38 JHo2013

JHo2013
            • 109 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hi Everyone! I'm really sorry that I have been a little MIA - the year has not slowed down one bit after our wedding and AHR! Plus - work disabled the editor on this website so I haven't been able to post any photos on my ahem.... breaks.... But we got the photos from our lovely photographer, Jacqueline Morrison and she did such an amazing job!! Go check it out! http://www.jacquelin...-chris-married/

#39 JHo2013

JHo2013
              • 109 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

And here are the TTD photos :) http://www.jacquelin...is-trash-dress/

#40 csho

csho
                • 1,007 posts
                • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Quote:

Hi Everyone! I'm really sorry that I have been a little MIA - the year has not slowed down one bit after our wedding and AHR! Plus - work disabled the editor on this website so I haven't been able to post any photos on my ahem.... breaks....

But we got the photos from our lovely photographer, Jacqueline Morrison and she did such an amazing job!! Go check it out!

http://www.jacquelin...-chris-married/

Omg Jenny! Your wedding was soooooo beautiful! And you looked stunning!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users