Photo

Live vocalist during wedding ceremony

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
  • 599 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

One of the reasons that I wrote off a destination wedding (at first) was because I always thought I'd have a vocalist at my wedding, and I figured that would be difficult in a place that I didn't know.  Well, I'm thinking about it again and wondering if anyone has used a live soloist in your RM destination.  They'd have to be GOOD, as I come from a musical family! :) I'm trying to think creatively (music schools, etc.).  I wouldn't mind a song in Spanish (though everyone there doesn't speak it), though I'd prefer something in English.  Some ideas for songs that I have to walk down the aisle to or have sung during the ceremony accompanied by acoustic guitar:

Adele-Feel My Love (or the George Harrison version)

Jennifer Hudson-You Pulled Me Through

Glenn Jones-In You

I'm open to other songs..but am I asking too much here?  Is this even more than a remote possibility? If I could pull this off, that would really make this a dream event for me.

#2 Marymack

Marymack
    • 414 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Why don't you just bring a vocalist with you. Check this song out as well.....Shelah..I'm Sure Its You....

#3 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
      • 599 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Why don't you just bring a vocalist with you. Check this song out as well.....Shelah..I'm Sure Its You....

Well, the issue is that I'm already planning to fly down my photographer. I'm not sure budget-wise if I can make it work but I may just try! Thanks!

#4 Marymack

Marymack
        • 414 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

My other suggestion would be is to get your vocalist to just record what you want sung ,then play at ceremony...Just a thought...

Well, the issue is that I'm already planning to fly down my photographer. I'm not sure budget-wise if I can make it work but I may just try! Thanks!

#5 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
          • 599 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Marymack 

My other suggestion would be is to get your vocalist to just record what you want sung ,then play at ceremony...Just a thought...

LOL..my cousin said the same thing! I come from a musical family but I want them to be relaxing and having a good time. (My mom sings and plays and directs choir, but she has said in the past even before I got engaged that she'll be too busy looking cute to want to work at my wedding, and I feel the same way!)  I do sing, but I haven't sung in a long time and don't want to add an extra layer of stress onto my nerves. ;)

#6 SweetFire

SweetFire
            • Vendor
            • 330 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Hey Ladies,

I'm not sure if this is the style you are looking for, but my ALL TIME favorite live singer down here is Mike Grabow!  He plays a lot of Jack Johnson /  Jason Mraz type stuff as well as his own originals.  Hope you enjoy!  Check out his website for more videos: MIKE GRABOW.

Happy Planning!

Sofia

Lori's Office Assistant

#7 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
              • 599 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Sofia!

#8 RobynEve

RobynEve
                • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:59 PM