• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:03 PM

I PMed you. Send me your email & I'll send you some vista print deals.

#22 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:15 PM

never mine- mods please delete

#23 Dbell

Dbell
      • 455 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:31 PM

Thank you Morgan!!

#24 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:52 PM

Ladies,
          You all are great. I've been thinking about going to Staples or Kinkos to get our STD postcards. But since its less expensive I'm definitely going to use VistaPrint. I've uploaded my image but I can't seem to get the dimensions correct. I had originally created it in Word & then had to convert it to a PDF but I guess I didnt do it correctly in terms of the size. Sighhhh.

Any suggestions

#25 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:03 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by yboone98
            Ladies,
            You all are great. I've been thinking about going to Staples or Kinkos to get our STD postcards. But since its less expensive I'm definitely going to use VistaPrint. I've uploaded my image but I can't seem to get the dimensions correct. I had originally created it in Word & then had to convert it to a PDF but I guess I didnt do it correctly in terms of the size. Sighhhh.

Any suggestions
            Here is how to get it in the right size:

Image-->resize-->image size
            Unclick “constrain proportions”
            Change resolution to 300 pixels
            Width= 1677 pixels Height = 1300 pixels

This gives you a picture that is 5.59 x 4.33 inches. Don’t forget about ¼ inch will be cropped from the sides.

Then save it as a pdf to submit to vista print. Also save it as a jpg to share with us!

#26 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:06 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              Here is how to get it in the right size:

Image-->resize-->image size
              Unclick “constrain proportions”
              Change resolution to 300 pixels
              Width= 1677 pixels Height = 1300 pixels

This gives you a picture that is 5.59 x 4.33 inches. Don’t forget about ¼ inch will be cropped from the sides.

Then save it as a pdf to submit to vista print. Also save it as a jpg to share with us!
              THANKS A BUNCH MORGAN...I'M OFF TO TRY THIS!

OH, one thing...do I do this while I'm in Word

#27 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:15 AM

Quote:
                THANKS A BUNCH MORGAN...I'M OFF TO TRY THIS!

OH, one thing...do I do this while I'm in Word
                sorry, I should have said. Do this in photoshop. I have photoshop elements so possibly it's different in a different version.

#28 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:19 AM

I just realized you said you made a pdf. I was thinking you were in photoshop. I'm not sure how to get the right deminsions in a pdf. This is for powerpoint to pdf, but it might help

From PowerPoint, choose File | Print. Choose "Adobe PDF" as the printer, and press the Properties button.

Under "Quality Settings", choose "High Quality Print", then press the Edit button.

If you're concerned about color accuracy, go under Color (on the left-hand side) and choose "Convert to CMYK" and "Relative colorimetric". This makes sure all colors are ones that can actually be reproduced on paper.

Under Images (also on the left-hand side), set Downsampling to "Off" for all image types. This ensures no resolution will be lost from your figures and photos.

Click OK, or save these settings under a new name for future use.

Now add a new page size that matches the dimensions of your postcard.

Say OK to Adobe setup, then click Properties to bring it up again. Sometimes it doesn't take the first time -- couldn't tell you why, though. Check to make sure the settings stuck, then click OK again.

Select "Scale to Fit Paper" in the PowerPoint print dialog and press OK to create your PDF.

#29 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,193 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:26 PM

Thanks again Morgan,

I've been at this since yesterday. I think I'm going to try it once more & see what happens. I've uploaded like 7 different files to Vista Print and they still aren't right. I know they're "wondering what the hell is wrong with this lady!"

I initially did this in Word & converted to PDF. Since I didnt do it in Power Point, I've just been trying to reconfigure in Word.
                    Thanks for your instructions. One more try & then I'm handing this off to the FH!!!!

#30 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
                      Thanks again Morgan,

I've been at this since yesterday. I think I'm going to try it once more & see what happens. I've uploaded like 7 different files to Vista Print and they still aren't right. I know they're "wondering what the hell is wrong with this lady!"

I initially did this in Word & converted to PDF. Since I didnt do it in Power Point, I've just been trying to reconfigure in Word.
                      Thanks for your instructions. One more try & then I'm handing this off to the FH!!!!
                      Sorry I can't help much. I never do pictures in word. I use powerpoint a lot for work so i'm more comfortable with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users