Off Resort Wedding Help

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 HeatherLynn83

HeatherLynn83
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Hi everyone!

We have decided to stay at the Grand Palladium Kentenah in the Mayan Riviera.

I am considering having the ceremony/recpetion at a location not at the resort.

We will probably have about 30 guests.

I am worried that this will be very expensive.  But i like the idea of a ceremony that is a bit more private and avoid getting married with 6 other brides on the same day. 

Any brides out there that have had their wedding not on the resort?

How did it work out and what was your budget? Are you happy with your choice!

Thanks for any advice/help!

#2 Kstok

Kstok
    • 24 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

Hi Heather, I was originally planning on having my wedding at a resort and then began to get frustrated with what the resort could offer and that it wasn't going to meet the needs of me or my guests. I went down the road of contacting a few wedding coordinators to see what the costs of a wedding off the resort site would be. I was planning on having approximately 20-25 people, 5 of which were children. I was looking at about $10,000 for a simple wedding. I would say close to 1/2 of that budget was for food and drink. At the end of the day, I have booked at the Grand Palladium Colonial as I liked the transparency of their new wedding packages and the beach bash option. I guess I wasn't as concerned about the privacy so this option works for me and is more budget friendly. Good luck!

#3 HeatherLynn83

HeatherLynn83
      • 52 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hi kstok. To be honest I haven't looked closely yet at the grand palladium wedding packages yet. From the GP forum a lot of girls were saying for the new Karen B packages you can't change anything. What is the beach bash option? When are you getting married?

#4 Kstok

Kstok
        • 24 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Yes, I think the packages are pretty much set. I do believe there is one package option which allows you to choose your favorite elements from all the package so it is pretty close to customizing. The beach bash is going to be like my reception. I didn't want the evening to end at dinner so I am hoping to have the beach bash. The hotel sets up loung furniture, tiki torches and lanterns on the beach as well as a bonfire. You can hire a dj or just use your iPod to play music. The hotel also provides a bartender to serve drinks and snacks. It sound like fun and just extends the night a bit. I don't have a wedding date confirmed with the hotel yet, but I have asked for February 5, 6 or 7, 2014. When is your wedding?

#5 HeatherLynn83

HeatherLynn83
          • 52 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Yrs that sounds fun. I hate how its an all inclusive but as soon as u say wedding everything is extra even drinks! Dont have a set date yet but we are going March 12-29, 2014

#6 HeatherLynn83

HeatherLynn83
            • 52 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

12-19 not 29

#7 HeatherLynn83

HeatherLynn83
              • 52 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Hi everyone!

We have decided to stay at the Grand Palladium Kentenah in the Mayan Riviera.

I am considering having the ceremony/recpetion at a location not at the resort.

We will probably have about 30 guests.

I am worried that this will be very expensive.  But i like the idea of a ceremony that is a bit more private and avoid getting married with 6 other brides on the same day. 

Any brides out there that have had their wedding not on the resort?

How did it work out and what was your budget? Are you happy with your choice!

Thanks for any advice/help!

#8 Kstok

Kstok
                • 24 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

Hi Heather, I was originally planning on having my wedding at a resort and then began to get frustrated with what the resort could offer and that it wasn't going to meet the needs of me or my guests. I went down the road of contacting a few wedding coordinators to see what the costs of a wedding off the resort site would be. I was planning on having approximately 20-25 people, 5 of which were children. I was looking at about $10,000 for a simple wedding. I would say close to 1/2 of that budget was for food and drink. At the end of the day, I have booked at the Grand Palladium Colonial as I liked the transparency of their new wedding packages and the beach bash option. I guess I wasn't as concerned about the privacy so this option works for me and is more budget friendly. Good luck!

#9 HeatherLynn83

HeatherLynn83
                  • 52 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hi kstok. To be honest I haven't looked closely yet at the grand palladium wedding packages yet. From the GP forum a lot of girls were saying for the new Karen B packages you can't change anything. What is the beach bash option? When are you getting married?

#10 Kstok

Kstok
                    • 24 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Yes, I think the packages are pretty much set. I do believe there is one package option which allows you to choose your favorite elements from all the package so it is pretty close to customizing. The beach bash is going to be like my reception. I didn't want the evening to end at dinner so I am hoping to have the beach bash. The hotel sets up loung furniture, tiki torches and lanterns on the beach as well as a bonfire. You can hire a dj or just use your iPod to play music. The hotel also provides a bartender to serve drinks and snacks. It sound like fun and just extends the night a bit. I don't have a wedding date confirmed with the hotel yet, but I have asked for February 5, 6 or 7, 2014. When is your wedding?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users