Sign in to follow this  
Julia28

Getting Married in Jamaica: Catholic Canadian question

Hey Brides,

Not sure the answer to this question so I thought I would post it.....

I need to know the answer to this question from someone that is a Catholic Canadian bride getting married or already married in Jamaica please :)

Can you tell me, did you have a Catholic priest marry you (or are you getting one from Jamaica)?  Did you tell the hotel you wanted a Catholic priest to perform the ceremony? Did you do marriage classes in the church back in Canada before heading to Jamaica and did your parish provide documentation to give to the Catholic priest?

I just want to know that this ceremony and marriage is recognized in the church once I get back home?

Thanks for all your input !! I absolutely appreciate it ...

Julia

Hey Brides,

Not sure the answer to this question so I thought I would post it.....

I need to know the answer to this question from someone that is a Catholic Canadian bride getting married or already married in Jamaica please :)

Can you tell me, did you have a Catholic priest marry you (or are you getting one from Jamaica)?  Did you tell the hotel you wanted a Catholic priest to perform the ceremony? Did you do marriage classes in the church back in Canada before heading to Jamaica and did your parish provide documentation to give to the Catholic priest?

I just want to know that this ceremony and marriage is recognized in the church once I get back home?

Thanks for all your input !! I absolutely appreciate it ...

Julia