Sign in to follow this  
SinDLou

Majestic Colonial 2014

Originally Posted by Tonia Bruyns View Post

haha I'm glad. Well all I can do is hope that maybe she can find better prices, but there are so many beautiful places we were thinking about. And my biggest concern is not making it a burden on my parents who aren't really in the position to spend a lot of money. I'm sure it will be beautiful wherever we go :)

It will def be the best day ever no matter what. If you review other resorts try to get a quote/something on paper of perks & watch for hidden costs (like cake cutting fee, price per head over, say, 20 people, etc) Ive heard some brides say that they were floored when they got the bill from the resort after the wedding. Research, research, research. I've researched MC so much know I'm sure I could get a job down there when I go...maybe it will help pay for the wedding! lol

Originally Posted by SammyAnna View Post

It will def be the best day ever no matter what. If you review other resorts try to get a quote/something on paper of perks & watch for hidden costs (like cake cutting fee, price per head over, say, 20 people, etc) Ive heard some brides say that they were floored when they got the bill from the resort after the wedding. Research, research, research. I've researched MC so much know I'm sure I could get a job down there when I go...maybe it will help pay for the wedding! lol

lol! Yeah.. I did so much research on MC.. looked at all the extra costs and had our budget all set.. silly me doing it before the TA got back to us with the projected costs for our desired time of travel :( I think we hace decided on the Melia Las Dunas in Cuba.. I'm a little bit nervous, because we love spicy food and I've heard that the food there is pretty bland... but at this resort, every bride I ask was pleasantly surprised by the food! They just suggest we bring ketchup and any spices we like lol..

MC-Colonial....I found the same thing in waiting for judge schedule to open. I tried for a civil ceremony (for March 2014) & waited for a judge reply (via WC) since Jan.  We have since decided to marry at home (Canada) secretly then a symbolic one in MC. We immediately got booked and we were off & running. It took a bit of convincing the FI but the symbolic ceremony can mimic a civil one so closely that nobody will know & it will still feel. The marriage at home is just a formality, sign papers & done. No kiss or rings. Best decision thus far... besides the man, of course! lol

We are doing the same thing. We got married last year at the J.O.P because of personal circumstances.  We want our symbolic ceremony to be on our second anniversary, which is July 3, 21014.  I emailed the wedding coordinators at MC last Friday and got our date confirmed on Monday.  By reading the reviews, it appears that this is a much easier way to go!  I am so excited!! 

We are paying $1682 direct from NL in march/14- that's with the early booking bonus. Now it is $2183! That's the lowest I've seen so far sad.gif apparently, MC just put their prices up last month again.

ok so i am a newbie to all of this. The prices that you have here, is this for your flight and room?

Hi everyone, 

My name is Kirsten Eichhof and I am getting married in 2015 at the Majestic Colonial. I am being very proactive to say the least and the only thing I can not figure out is how to find a TA. Any advice? Thank you!

Kirsten

We are booked for November 12th- November 19th, 2014. It's a Wednesday-Wednesday. 

We worked directly with Sunwing Weddings Department. 

They have a collaboration with Luxe Destination Weddings who takes care of everything for us. 

We searched around for the best deal we could get and found it working with Sungwing Weddings department. 

For the standard Jacuzzi Suite Junior, guests are paying $1433 All Inclusive. 

We have many guests booked in the Colonial Club as well, and rates are fabulous, at only $100 per person extra for the week. 

Hope this helps! 

Definitely shop around..... YOU CAN DO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT!