Photo

Transporting DIY makings to destination wedding?!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jaynorthcott

jaynorthcott
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hi all this is my first post here! Me and my OH are looking to get married at the Now Larimar Resort in Punta Cana next may 2014. Aside of all the things I probably should be worried about, I love getting crafty, but am wondering what bits, if any, can I transfer safely to the resort from England?! Or wether I shouldn't stress myself out and not bother.....anyone of you lovely crafty ladies having this dilemma? Thank you in advance! Jay x

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Welcome to the forum Jay, and Congrats on your dw in Punta Cana!!! would love to see all your DIY ideas and how they work out........please keep us posted, and enjoy all the great ideas from your fellow brides here !

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 AllieH

AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

Hi Jay,

congrats to you on your engagement and welcome to BDW! 

I'm not an expert on the UK's rules for packing and transporting items via air travel by any means. I would assume that you can bring along any paper products (paper lanterns, napkins, decorations, etc.), fabric or fake flowers. You can also check welcome or out-of-town bag items like travel size sunscreen, shawls, etc.

I would be hesitant to bring any fragile items that far, but depending on how you pack them (in a carry on, or well protected in bubble wrap), it might be possible. International travel can be brutal on the checked bags! My suitcases always get banged up when I've been to Europe. 

I hauled quite a bit of stuff to Mexico for our wedding, and didn't have a problem with any of it. The most fragile stuff (our wedding favor/ornaments, my bouquet, starfish), I put in the carry on suitcase that my husband took on board. The rest of it was in our checked luggage.

Happy planning! 

Originally Posted by jaynorthcott 

Hi all this is my first post here!
      Me and my OH are looking to get married at the Now Larimar Resort in Punta Cana next may 2014. Aside of all the things I probably should be worried about, I love getting crafty, but am wondering what bits, if any, can I transfer safely to the resort from England?! Or wether I shouldn't stress myself out and not bother.....anyone of you lovely crafty ladies having this dilemma?

Thank you in advance!

Jay x

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#4 mscheryl10

mscheryl10
      • 154 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

I agree, pack "fragile" items in carryon and all liquids and other favors in an extra checked bag. Congrats and hope you find tons of DIY stuff on here, I sure have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users