Photo

Riu Palace Cabo weddings 2013

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 tracylynn003

tracylynn003
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

We are getting married at the riu palace in cabo October 25th 2013. beach wedding with semi private at the steakhouse and reception possibly at the disco.

#2 lilyofthevalley

lilyofthevalley
    • 25 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Fun! How far out did you book your wedding date and time?  Also HOW did you do that? I only got an e-mail address?

#3 tracylynn003

tracylynn003
      • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

we booked our date and time via the riu website. and then they emailed me to confirm... the dinner isn't set in stone until two months before we get there its just where we want to have the dinner. :-)

#4 lilyofthevalley

lilyofthevalley
        • 25 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Thanks, I tried requesting it online and they said they had no reservations available for that day.  Could that be for a Friday wedding in April 2014???

#5 Shayt2412

Shayt2412
          • 20 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

I am also getting married at riu palace on 10/19/13 and plan on getting married at the gazebo with a semi private reception dinner at the steakhouse. Has anyone seen pictures of the reception there? Is there enough room to have a dj and dancing? Unfortunately the WC doesn't get back to you in a timely matter some I'm getting really nervous (especially since I have already ordered my save the dates). Any info would be much appreciated.

#6 lilyofthevalley

lilyofthevalley
            • 25 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

Hey, i think i have a pic of the steakhouse terrace, that is the semi-private.  The actual steakhouse restaurant is a private event which would require you to rent it out.  From my understanding the terrrace is rather large and there is room for dancing but I know brides usually only do their 1st dances there and take the "reception" dancing elsewhere...beach, disco, etc.

Shoot...the pics I have aren't posting!!

#7 lilyofthevalley

lilyofthevalley
              • 25 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

ok ok ok, I had to create an album with the pics so hopefully you can see it! Here are the steakhouse terrace pics I found http://www.bestdesti...3/from_uploader

#8 Shayt2412

Shayt2412
                • 20 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Thank you so much for the info!!! I really appreciate it as I have become a nervous nellie! I think we will do our first dance there and take the party to the bar :-)

#9 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
                  • Vendor
                  • 183 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Shayt2412 

I am also getting married at riu palace on 10/19/13 and plan on getting married at the gazebo with a semi private reception dinner at the steakhouse. Has anyone seen pictures of the reception there? Is there enough room to have a dj and dancing? Unfortunately the WC doesn't get back to you in a timely matter some I'm getting really nervous (especially since I have already ordered my save the dates). Any info would be much appreciated.

Hi Shayt2412,

You will want to check with their onsite team on this, but most hotels do not allow music or dancing at a semi-private reception as there will be other hotel guests at the resaturant as well. They will section off a portion of the resaturant for your group for a seating. If you want to have dancing and a DJ we recommend privatizing the event entirely. That way you can have dancing and speeches :)

Happy Planning!

#10 lilyofthevalley

lilyofthevalley
                    • 25 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

I know plenty of brides who had their first dance and speeches at their semi-private dinner.  I think they allow music as long as it's reasonable and not blaring or extremely loud!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users