Sign in to follow this  
llincks

Attn. St. Thomas Brides

I'm getting married in October of 2013 and trying to decide when to have my wedding on the beach.  I don't want to have a bunch of tourists gawk at me and it was suggested to do it early in the morning.  When did you do yours?

Hi!

I am getting married on a Monday morning (weird i know) but it's while in port on a cruise. I have to say, I was at a pretty popular beach (Magen's Bay) last July, and someone had a wedding at 11:30ish. The beach was pretty packed, but the women working the wedding did an awesome job at making people go around the area and not be in the background of photos. 

I do have to admit though that I really thought about this because I felt like there were a lot of people gawking at the wedding, and being a pretty nervous person when just a few are watching, I didn't want to be a real center of attention. I'm having the ceremony early (9, 9:30) because we are also only there for a few hours and I want to make sure my guests enjoy the beach!!!

Hope that helps. I was told certain beaches attract less tourists (Linquist I believe was one) but I think it more depends on day/time of week.

I am also getting married in the islands and I am getting married on a Tuesday. Hopefully the random weekday will provide the quieter experience on the beach!