Photo

Attn. St. Thomas Brides

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 llincks

llincks
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

I'm getting married in October of 2013 and trying to decide when to have my wedding on the beach.  I don't want to have a bunch of tourists gawk at me and it was suggested to do it early in the morning.  When did you do yours?

#2 jdibuono

jdibuono
    • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hi!

I am getting married on a Monday morning (weird i know) but it's while in port on a cruise. I have to say, I was at a pretty popular beach (Magen's Bay) last July, and someone had a wedding at 11:30ish. The beach was pretty packed, but the women working the wedding did an awesome job at making people go around the area and not be in the background of photos. 

I do have to admit though that I really thought about this because I felt like there were a lot of people gawking at the wedding, and being a pretty nervous person when just a few are watching, I didn't want to be a real center of attention. I'm having the ceremony early (9, 9:30) because we are also only there for a few hours and I want to make sure my guests enjoy the beach!!!

Hope that helps. I was told certain beaches attract less tourists (Linquist I believe was one) but I think it more depends on day/time of week.

#3 nursemorgan

nursemorgan
      • 166 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 6, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Trunk Bay, St John USVI
      • LocationCape May, NJ

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

I am also getting married in the islands and I am getting married on a Tuesday. Hopefully the random weekday will provide the quieter experience on the beach!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users