What plan did people use for CELL PHONES in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HappyBride13

HappyBride13
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Hi all,

What did you all do about contacting people while in Mexico?  Did you use a cell phone?

thanks!

#2 shan0487

shan0487
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

I just had my wedding in Nov in Cancun.  If you have an iphone and you turn off the data you can ping WiFi if your resort has it and you can imessage other Iphone users. 

Otherwise we used the app HeyTell and that worked off Wifi as well.

We did not use the cellphone as it is like $2 a minute!  Our resort also had free calls to the US so that helped out too! :)

#3 Liann03

Liann03
    • 152 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

Good to know.... I have an iPhone as well Nd soo do a lot of our guests... I wonder if we can still use Instagram and Facebook to post pics... A lot of people not going are going to be stalking our social media pages for pics of the wedding!! LOL

#4 lgerry

lgerry
      • 349 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Liann03 

Good to know.... I have an iPhone as well Nd soo do a lot of our guests... I wonder if we can still use Instagram and Facebook to post pics... A lot of people not going are going to be stalking our social media pages for pics of the wedding!! LOL

I work for a cell phone company here in Canada... as long as your data roaming is turned off on your phone and your connected to the resorts wifi (as Shan0487 said) you will be able to use any of the data services on your phone (instant messaging, internet, email, social networking sites) Just make sure you turn off all data settings (the data charges can be crazy!), your cell company should be able to help you with which settings needs to be turned off but on iPhone its usually 2 settings... "data roaming" and "cell data" 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users