Photo

What to do with dress after wedding?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nbateman

nbateman
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

I got my dress just for my beach wedding, and don't plan on preserving it and am even debating bringing it home simply because I don't have a use for it.  Am I alone in this? It was only $400 so I didn't spend a ton on it, what is everyone else doing with their dress after the wedding?

#2 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Mine is still in the bag hanging in my closet. I'm not planning to preserve it, but I do want to do a "day after" shoot sometime this spring. I haven't even taken it to the cleaners yet... I knew I wouldn't leave it behind though. It was easy enough to roll it up and stuff it in one of our empty suitcases (that we used to take our OOT bag stuff down in). 

Have you thought about trying to sell it? Or better yet, donate it to another bride? A friend of mine has a fledgling "Wedding Dress Project" where they are taking donated dresses and sharing them with brides who maybe can't afford a dress or have another need. It isn't a charity, just a site to connect brides. Here's her website in case this is something that interests you: http://theweddingdre...oject.webs.com/

Originally Posted by nbateman 

I got my dress just for my beach wedding, and don't plan on preserving it and am even debating bringing it home simply because I don't have a use for it.  Am I alone in this? It was only $400 so I didn't spend a ton on it, what is everyone else doing with their dress after the wedding?

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3 nbateman

nbateman
    • 280 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by AllieH 

Mine is still in the bag hanging in my closet. I'm not planning to preserve it, but I do want to do a "day after" shoot sometime this spring. I haven't even taken it to the cleaners yet... I knew I wouldn't leave it behind though. It was easy enough to roll it up and stuff it in one of our empty suitcases (that we used to take our OOT bag stuff down in). 

Have you thought about trying to sell it? Or better yet, donate it to another bride? A friend of mine has a fledgling "Wedding Dress Project" where they are taking donated dresses and sharing them with brides who maybe can't afford a dress or have another need. It isn't a charity, just a site to connect brides. Here's her website in case this is something that interests you: http://theweddingdre...oject.webs.com/

Great ideas Allie, you're right we will have extra suitcases to stuff it into.  Donating or selling is also a great alternative to just leaving it behind. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users