Help Me! How did you book the resort / flight ??!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mjm160

• 58 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:31 PM

I need help! I am working with a TA who is terrible at booking our trip. I decided to contact another TA for advice and prices (who responded A LOT faster). I have approx 75 people attending the wedding. The majority of them are flying from Pittsburgh, PA - I cant find decent prices for flights! What did everyone else do? We contacted most airlines directly and they increase the flight price over 100% b/c its a "group booking". Am I going about this the wrong way? I was trying to get the resort & flight at the same time & have the guests book everything at once - should they book air & hotel separately? I'm a nervous wreck b/c the wedding is June 2008 and I dont have anything booked! I'm way over the price range that i told all of the guests we would be in b/c of the ridiculous flight prices!
    Opinions and suggestions on what everyone else did would be great!

#2 lovefreddy

• 148 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:35 PM

So sorry you are having issues...the same happened with me initially. I am now working with Nancy Finn at Island Getaways and she has been GREAT so far. She is recommended by a ton of brides on the Knot, which is how I got her name. Yes the group flight thing does not make ANY sense to me, because it is higher in price. I am having my guests book individually through my TA. Also, if you do a group booking you usually need to have 10 people on the same flight on the same itinerary, and I didn't want to force my guests to go on the same flight. Where do you live in Pittsburgh? That is where I am from! I now live in NJ but am from Upper St. Clair.

Good Luck!!

#3 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:15 PM

My wedding is June 21 & no guests have booked yet. Prices have been too high. My TA suggested booking october or november, so we are working on it soon.

It's better to book hotel & flight together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users