1 reply to this topic

#1 TropicalBride10

TropicalBride10
  • 55 posts
  • Wedding Location:TBD
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hi ladies!!

My fiance and I have been engaged for over two years and we're planning a destination wedding for 2015 somewhere in the Caribbean. I've been planning this wedding for well over a year and a half now and I have a ton of information from so many different venues that it's insane but we haven't put a deposit down anywhere as of yet. I've looked at Costa Rica, Belize, the Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Turks & Caicos, St. Thomas, St. John, Jamaica, Panama, Antigua, Anguilla, Puerto Rico, and St. Lucia but as of now our first pick is St. Lucia, followed by St. Thomas, the Bahamas, Anguilla, and lastly the Dominican Republic. Looking at St. Lucia my fiance and I just fell in love with the Pitons and the town of Soufriere but the prices for accommodations are through the roof so we'll see how that plays out. I've noticed that a lot of brides choose to get married in Mexico and even though I've looked into a little bit, it's really just not the scene for us. All-inclusive resorts are fine for accommodations but we're looking for something a little more unique as far as a wedding venue. Our theme for our wedding is more or less a tropical beach wedding and having our ceremony in a place that's private, breathtaking, and naturally beautiful is extremely important to us, that's why we love St. Lucia! The island is filled with beautiful beaches, waterfalls, rainforests, and the southern part of the island is completely unspoiled, there's never a lot of tourists and it just fits with everything we're looking for. 

Beach Ceremony in Soufriere, St. Lucia...a girl can dream!

Couldn't you imagine having this as the backdrop for your wedding ceremony?! You just don't get better than this!

Sorry for my ranting haha but I look forward to sharing ideas with everyone and happy planning to you all :)

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Congrats TropicalBride10 ! + welcome to our forum community :) sounds like you have your plans well in hand already and will create the perfect wedding celebration to start off the rest of your life together - well done!

enjoy your journey and all the wonderful times awaiting you both :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users