Photo

Sunset Cruise day before the wedding as a group activity?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 LAtravelgirl

LAtravelgirl
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

I thought it might be nice to book a sunset cruise for our guests. There are only 10 coming to the Bahamas with us. Has anyone done one of these? The best price I could get was $40pp, so not a cheap wedding expense plus I would need to make transportation arrangements for the 12 of us. Initially I had wanted to do it on the day of the wedding, but apparently the cruise is 3 hours, so the timing wouldn't work well with getting back to the resort for dinner and such.

I have been stumped for group activities on Grand Bahama Island. Open to any other suggestions!

#2 Akumal Bride

Akumal Bride
    • 29 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

We did something similar, albeit in Mexico and not in the Bahamas. We chartered a catamaran for a 4-hour sail and snorkel trip for 45 people, and I have to say it was really awesome and I'm so glad we did it. It wasn't cheap, but it gave everyone a chance to get to know each other, and it was really unique. Our guests loved it (except for the one who got really, really seasick even though we provided Dramamine beforehand) and I know they really appreciated us doing that, considering they spent a lot of vacation time and money to attend our wedding. I say go for it.

I know a lot of people get exciting about putting together gift bags and giving presents to their guests, but we skipped all that and did the catamaran instead. I think it was a better use of our limited funds.

#3 Kara Jeffers

Kara Jeffers
      • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Congrats on your wedding! Who did you use to charter your catamaran trip? Would you recommend them again? We are gettiing married in Playacar in June 2013 and I would love to do this! Thanks!!

#4 LAtravelgirl

LAtravelgirl
        • 163 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Akumal Bride-

I would love to do a private, but cannot seem to find a boat on Grand Bahama that can hold 12, but not much more to keep the price in check. So the sunset cruise we found will be one with many other people on it, unfortunately. I will look into it a bit more. Glad to hear your guets enjoyed it. From our resort you cannot see the sunset, so I thought it might be a nice trip.

#5 Akumal Bride

Akumal Bride
          • 29 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hey Cara, we used a company called Paradise Catamarans 

#6 Akumal Bride

Akumal Bride
            • 29 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

I bet your quests would appreciate even a non-private cruise. 

#7 LAtravelgirl

LAtravelgirl
              • 163 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

I think I will look more into how many people they put on these boats. It would be nice if we could get some photos. Also, I don't want it to feel like we are packed like at a nightclub.

#8 BridetobeABCD

BridetobeABCD
                • 221 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

This is a great idea! I will definately look into this type of group activity!

#9 MrsWWhite

MrsWWhite
                  • 159 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Love this was thinking about doing this for our guests.

#10 itsjuliez

itsjuliez
                    • 41 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

I don't know if we can afford to take the whole group on an outing but I am thinking of planning an outing to Isla Mujeres while in Cancun and paying for their ferry tickets. Let's see how that goes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users