Royal PDC- Gazebo vs Beach

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
  • Site Supporter
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Ladies I need help! I am booked at the Gazebo for our ceremony May of next year at PDC. However I've always dreamed of the beach wedding! I dont think I'll ge the same feel of what I came there for if I choose the gazebo although its a great location too. However- I'm short, only 5'1''. Fiance is 5'8''. Would I be able to wear wedge heels and get a few extra inches on the beach or would they just sink me back into the sand and I'd end up the same heighth as before? I see several posts on this but my core problem is being short. Later I am 100% certain to change into heels- so then I also dont know what to do about hemming the dress. This is a mess and I have to finalize this decision! I really want to do the ceremony on the beach, but I dont want to be too short or risk falling since I am a clutz anyway. I have not seen anything that indicates The Royal will put down a platform. I think only a piece of cloth.

#2 jenguitard

jenguitard
    • 47 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

We are having our ceremony on the beach and then the cocktail hour and reception at the gazebo.  I will def be wearing heels but plan to kick them off when I get to the beach and then put them on again for the cocktail hour/reception.  My dress is hemmed to my heel height, I don't think it will be too long to wear no heels...or so I hope!!  I think wedge heels is a good option if you wanted to keep the height. As far as I know the Royal PDC just puts down that carpet/isle runner.

Go with what your dreaming of!

#3 Playalovesme

Playalovesme
      • 39 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

We agree... go with your dream!

Where the wedges or just kick off your shoes and feel the sand between your toes as you say "I DO."

Everyone will be watching your glowing face and no one will be worried about your height or your hem. Promise!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users