Photo

Planning a Budget - What are the rates?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BridetobeABCD

BridetobeABCD
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Planning a budget for a destination wedding. I have not picked a resort yet and I was wondering if any Brides to Be or Wives would be able to give me any tips or suggestions on how to plan a wedding budget? I wanted to also asked what you all paid for your weddings at different Cancun / Riviera Maya resorts?

Some questions:

What was your rate?

What did guests have to pay?

What was the wedding costs?

How much did you spend on invitations and STD?

How much did the OOT bags cost?

Was cocktail, dinner, drinks additional charge? How much?

Flowers, cake, decorations extra cost?

Any little budget information about the resort you chose would help alot in creating a budget and also choosing my wedding resort :)

Thank you all so much! I appreciate all this information so much!

#2 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
    • 670 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Some questions: What was your rate?3700 or 2ppl and a child for 10days, flight, transfers, stay all inclusive What did guests have to pay? 1500 for 7 days What was the wedding costs?3000 for highest wedding package How much did you spend on invitations and STD?200$ How much did the OOT bags cost? 12 bags, hopefully less than 300$ Was cocktail, dinner, drinks additional charge? How much? Free at buffet Flowers, cake, decorations extra cost? DIY decor + photographer $1600 for the week + DJ 900$

#3 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
      • 272 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

Hi!

As photographer, I can tell you that some resorts request a fee for any external provider you will choose. It is not very fair because you will have a to pay if you don’t like what the hotel proposes,

So  before choosing  a resort, ask for the external provider policy and check what they propose!

To choose a location for your wedding, visit as well

#4 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
        • 3,074 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

Hola tulumbride2013, and Congrats! on your wedding coming up :) I agree with Pierre - it's a good idea to check the outside vendor policies of the resort you're considering. We always encourage our brides to spend the extra money it takes for a professional photographer to capture their magical wedding "moments that matter"! 

Too often the resort's in-house photographer (that comes with the pkg) is not well trained - or equipped - or capable of doing the job you would like to have done - to commemorate this irreplaceable + priceless day - starting off your lives together! 

Here's an excerpt from our website FAQ....explaining this question in detail ......with more at our website link here: 

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                              100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users