Sign in to follow this  
LiveLoveLaugh

Isla Mujeres Brides- POST HERE

I'm a newbie to this site, but have been using all the suggestions to help plan my destination wedding.  Thank you to everyone who posts!  We have finally decided on our place.  Isla Mujeres, MX.  We are planning to get married at Zama Beach Club and have the bulk of our guests stay on the north end of the island.  The two hotels we are looking at are Aluxes and Ixchel.  Does anyone have other suggestions?   I am also looking to find out what events other brides have planned while staying on Isla.  I don't want my guests to have "island fever."  

Also, any recommended photographers in the area?  

Congrats LiveLoveLaugh and welcome to the forum! great choice on where to have your wedding - well done :) this community has so many resources, it'll make your planning process a breeze.....enjoy all those amazing "moments that matter" ahead  :)

Congrats all Isla Mujeres brides on your weddings coming up and choosing our beautiful Mayan Riviera for your destination! it will make a beautiful and memorable background for that amazing day that begins the rest of your lives together! all the Best!

Hi there :)

We are getting married at a private villa on Isla Mujeres on March 17, 2013.  We're only bringing 6 guests with us, and the ceremony will be at the villa we're renting, El Gran Escape.  We have stayed on the island previously several times, and absolutely love it.  Sabina with Sundreamer Weddings is our wedding coordinator, and we're going to have a private chef prepare dinner after the sunset ceremony.  We're still looking for the chef and photographer, everything else is all set!  I have my dress and shoes, a friend is making my jewelry, and my fiance still needs to order what he's wearing from Cubavera.

You'll love Isla Mujeres!  The zip lining is a great activity, there are amazing restaurants in town, and Playa Norte is stunning.

Hi there,

We're getting married on Isla Mujeres on March 17, 2013 at a private villa, El Gran Escape.  6 guests besides ourselves, Sabina from Sundreamers Weddings is our coordinator.  We're still on the hunt for a private chef to prepare dinner at the villa after the ceremony, and a photographer.  I have my dress and shoes, and a friend is making my jewelry.  My fiance still needs to order what he's wearing from Cubavera, but other than that, we're all set!  We have stayed on the island several times before and absolutely are in love with it.  It's a gorgeous place for a wedding!  The zip-lining is amazing, if your guests are into that sort of thing.  Depending on what time of year you'll be there, you can often see turtles and swim with dolphins.  There are many amazing restaurants in town with dining on the streets for great people watching.  Be sure to rent golf carts so that you can tour the island, a pina colada at Villa La Bella is a must-do!

The best of luck during your planning!

Missb0308, thanks for posting.  It is so refreshing to hear about the island from a real bride.  It is always a little nerve wrecking to pick a wedding destination without ever stepping foot on the property.  We were looking to have our wedding in March, but due to the size of the event we are planning, we decided on the first weekend in May. I hope the weather will be nice for our wedding.  It sounds like your wedding will be lovely.  An intimate gathering with those closest to you!  I look forward to hearing all about it.  In my crazy search for all things Mexico, and now Isla Mujeres, I came across a chef that seems amazing.  Her name is Lolo Lorena.  I saw another event that used her for their small wedding.  

Thank you for your suggestion for the garrafon.  We were thinking of doing that as one of our wedding events.  

Sorry that posted twice... I reposted because I'm a dork and didn't see that the first one showed up :)

May should be great weather!  I think we have come across the name of the Chef you mentioned before... we'll have to look into her further for our dinner.  Thanks!

hi, we are thinking about spending our honey moon at el gran escape. However we saw some very bad reviews of the place after it switched ownership. Would you recommend staying here?

-Maddie

hi, we are thinking about spending our honey moon at el gran escape. However we saw some very bad reviews of the place after it switched ownership. Would you recommend staying here?

-Maddie