#1 Bride2B26

Bride2B26
  • 157 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Oceanside
  • LocationBarcelo, Mexico

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hey Ladies and some gents!

I'm really trying to decide if November is a decent month regarding weather to get married in Punta Cana, DR

Right now its between November or April, and although I'm really leaning towards November I heard its hurricane season and I'm soo worried it'll rain my whole trip!

Can anyone tell me their experiences weatherwise in November.  I know its at the end of hurricane season but I don't want to get married and have it rain or storm on my special day.

I know April is a much nicer time of year to get married in the DR, but just wondering how big of a chance/risk I would be taking in getting married in November.

Any thoughts, experiences, stories would really really help!! 

#2 KelcT

KelcT
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

Hi Bride2Be!

I am getting married in the DR in August 2013. August is also during hurricane season however it is really the best month for us. Our TA provides insurance for $99/person which includes a full refund of the resort and airfare up to the day before we leave. Hopefully we wont have to use it but its a nice piece of mind knowing that we can cancel and not be out any money besides the money spent on the insurance.

Good luck and congratulations!

#3 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
    • 455 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
    • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by KelcT 

Hi Bride2Be!

I am getting married in the DR in August 2013. August is also during hurricane season however it is really the best month for us. Our TA provides insurance for $99/person which includes a full refund of the resort and airfare up to the day before we leave. Hopefully we wont have to use it but its a nice piece of mind knowing that we can cancel and not be out any money besides the money spent on the insurance.

Good luck and congratulations!

I am also getting married August 2013, where and when is your wedding?

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users