Photo

Any Other Secrets Capri 2012-13 Brides Out There?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Travelbugg

Travelbugg
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hi there,

After lots of searching for resorts, i'm very close to deciding on Secrets Capri.  Is there anyone out there who has recently married there or plans to?  Thanks!

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

Congrats Travelbugg ! choosing a resort is a big decision for sure. Here's a link to some helpful suggestions of things to consider.......http://momentsthatma...singresort.html  .......all the best with your planning process and exciting days ahead :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 jordanb

jordanb
      • 185 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

My TA mentioned this one to me when I was looking for properties - she stayed there three times, and had also stayed at Secrets Maroma and Secrets Silversands. She actually mentioned that the other two are both newer than the Secrets Capri, and Maroma beach is rated one of the top 10 beaches. Have you thought about the others at all?

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#4 jordanb

jordanb
        • 185 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

If you wanna talk to her about it, here's her info - might be helpful - she can give you some idea of rate differences, packages, etc. too!

Doris Mundy Travel/The Travel Society

303-447-1660

doristravel@comcast.net

www.honeymoonallinclusive.com

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#5 Travelbugg

Travelbugg
          • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

Thanks Jordan,

I originally wanted Secrets Maroma.  However, i decided it may be too expensive for some of our guests.  I really like the look and layout of Capri over Silversands and The Vine.  But it's tough to find anyone who can provide input on having a wedding there.  The wedding planners on site at the resort have been very forthcoming with info and provide quick replies to my questions.  They've provided beautiful photos of their wedding set ups.  I think we're going to go ahead with Secrets Capri.  Hopefully we choose right!  

I see you're having your wedding at The Royal.  I've heard nice things about your resort as well.  I like that they'll allow children on-site to attend the wedding.  

#6 jordanb

jordanb
            • 185 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

You should give Doris a call if you're having doubts - she can probably give you some good feedback! You may also consider having a TA book your wedding guests. I originally hadn't planned to, but when I reached out to a few of the hotels I was considering about block rates, they all asked who my TA was before they'd give me anything, so I got in touch with her. She ended up not only helping me decide which resort was best for what I wanted, but also got me a great deal on rooms, and a bridal deal where my FI and I get $50 back for every room our guests book to help pay for ours (and guests don't know this). So far we have booked 20 rooms with our wedding, so $1000 back for us! (I also then don't have to mess with helping guests who arent travel savvy book, which is awesome.) Using any TA, whoever you choose, shouldnt cos't you anything, and I didnt have to put any money down to hold rooms or guarantee a certain amount or anything (some ask you too, I know).

So far I have been really happy with the Royal! You're right that they do allow kids day-of, and there are two other Real Resorts sister properties right next to it, so if the Royal is too expensive for anyone, they can also stay at one of the others, for less money (and they're kid friendly) and they still count as Real guests, so it doesn jack my wedding price up!

I'm sure if you go with Capri, it will be perfect! Good luck with all the planning :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users