Aruba Weddinf

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 livy270

• 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

Hi I am newly engaged and we are looking into a destination wedding in Aruba! Ihave been here about 5x but have nver stay at the Riu or Occidental Grand. We are considering these both for a wedding and reception. Does any feed back on these resorts or have gotten married at either one. All feed back is much appreciated :-). We are considering Nov. 2013 or April 2014..any thoughts?

Thank you :)

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,072 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hi livy270 - Congrats + welcome to the forum.......lots of great info here :) happy planning - enjoy!

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 katie2012

• 49 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

Congratulations on your engagement! 

We got married at Amsterdam Manor last month and we had a great time! We haven't stayed at the RIU or Occidental, but you might be able to hear about some other brides on the arbua.com forum. 

On another note, we were legally married in Aruba and we really enjoyed that part of the day. 

Good luck and happy planning! 

#4 Bryan Morris

Bryan Morris
        • 52 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

I work with all hotels on the island so I would not be able to openly give you my opinion on one or the other resort. If you be so kind to PM me I will gladly give you my take.

Bryan Morris

#5 Carol Brown

Carol Brown
          • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hi There,

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.....my fiance and I are getting married in Aruba, August 2013, and just went out there to scout out hotels. We stayed at the Radisson and Riu.  After staying at the RIU for 2 nights, we ended up eliminating it as an option. Although we fell in love with the photos of the hotel and could picture our friends/family having a great time at that magnificent pool, the rooms and hallways were very smelly and the drink options at dinner were limited to beer and 2 different kinds of wine. If you wanted a cocktail you had to go upstairs and bring it back with you into the restaurant.  The drinks at the pool were either watered down or very cheap liquor was used. In talking to other people who stayed there, they confirmed that they actually went out and picked up there own alcohol to add on to their pool/beach bar drinks. Fun atmosphere, but not worth the $$, in my opinion. We decided to eliminate the All-Inclusive option and go with great prices at the Divi Phoenix, saving our guests over $300 per night to spend how they would like. Hope this helps...

#6 NicandBri

• 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

We also are looking into Aruba all inclusives for our wedding.  Occidental seems to be the best comprimise for price, activity and wedding options.  Please forward me any information you receive! We are leaning toward Oct 2014!

#7 NicandBri

• 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

we are also looking into the Aruba all inclusives for our wedding. Occidental seems to have the best options for wedding, activity and price. I would love any more info on Aruba resorts!  I am debating between the more luxorious resorts in Punta Cana or Aruba for beaches/location in Caribbean.  October 2014 is tentative time frame :)

#8 Lyman

• 262 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Congrats NicandBri! and welcome to this forum! with all the info + support here, and the amount of lead time you have ahead, I wish you happy research + planning! and of course, the wedding you've always dreamed of.....Enjoy :)

#9 arubabride2013

• 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

Hi there!

I'm getting married at the Divi Phoenix in May 2013! I'm so excited to find another Divi bride! Are you working with a wedding planner?

#10 Lyman

• 262 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

Congrats to you, Amy! + welcome to our forum community :) best of luck with your plans, and have the wonderful wedding of your dreams - Enjoy :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users