Need Major help planning my DW!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 breetuti2

• 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

I am recently engaged and starting to look into possible locations for a destination wedding. i am in between Riviera Maya, Mexico and Montego Bay, Jamacia. I sort of also want to look into St Thomas & Aruba but i have a feeling that will be extremely expensive for my guests. Anyone have any input on any of this? Oh also here are a few of the resorts i was looking into

Barcelo Maya
    Riu Palace
    El Dorado

Any help would be sooooo greatly appreciated =)=)

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,073 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

hi breetuti2 - welcome to the forum and Congrats! on your wedding ahead! Speaking for the Mexican destinations you've listed, I can say they're all pretty great. Check out our facebook shoots at each of those resorts to see how beautiful each one is..... and happy planning :) 

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 pose travel

pose travel
      • Banned
      • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hi breetuti2,

Congrats on your engagement and of course choosing a Destination Wedding!

I was married in the Mayan Riviera and it was beautiful, we chose the Now Jade Riviera Cancun and it is a fantastic resort, we also just returned from another vacation a couple of months ago we loved it so much.

When it comes to choosing your resort it comes down to a lot of different aspects such as the budget for your guests, what style of resort you are looking for, is your preferred wedding date available etc.

The Mayan Riviera is rated #1 Destination Wedding spot and it offers amazing prices and high quality resorts so that would be my recommendation.

All the Best : )

#4 safety75

• 287 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

Do you plan to have a legal wedding? The requirements are the worst in Mexico. I'm getting married at the royal playa del Carmen in Mexico but I plan to do the paperwork in the US before going and have a symbolic ceremony there. Congrats!!

#5 Martoca

• Vendor
          • 88 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

Have you considered the west coast of Mexico? Puerto Vallarta or Punta de MIta area? Does it have to be a resort? Most brides now are going in the private wedding venue direction and of course stay at the resort but have the wedding in a separate venue.  www.martoca.com can help you with your planning advice.

I have a friend who is a wedding planner in the caribbean and can help you as well. If you like I will tell her to email you.

Happy planning.

#6 Sexyvt123

• 27 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

Mexico is nice and not expensive as other islands and Aruba is beautiful.  Im having my wedding in Barbados where my family is from. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users