Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#4721 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
  • Community Manager
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Futurebride714 

I just came from checking out the Sunset Beach Resort and Spa on the trip advisor and there are mixed reviews. I'm caught between the Ibersostar Rose Hall Suites (which I would  have to have my wedding on a Thursday because all weekends are booked for July 2014) Or the Sunset Beach which the accomodations are cheaper.  I just don"t know if it's as nice or about the same, I also see reviews saying that the Sunset Beach Resort has a small beach. Intially my heart was set on the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites until my original date I planned to get married on which was July 12th got booked and  and then after waiting about 2 weeks, all the weekends in July got booked!! So now I'm at square one again...

Hmmm that is a bummer.... I didn't get the date I had my heart set on either but I decided I wanted my location more then the date - I'm happy with my date now. . .   I was devastated over the date thing at first!!!       I'm no help on the locations you are interested in - but I do know that you will find a place and a date that you love. . .   Just keep your mind open 

Can you go to a different place altogether?  Like a different Island (sorry I'm not sure where Ibersostar is located) ?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#4722 Futurebride714

Futurebride714
    • 52 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 13, 1901

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

Yes, I actually have considered getting married on a Thursday! I spoke with a wedding manager today at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and she gave me week days that were available I think I may go with July 24th which is a Thursday,The only dilema now is that my Fiance is leaning towards the Sunset Beach Resort and Spa which is cheaper!

#4723 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
    • Community Manager
    • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Yes, I actually have considered getting married on a Thursday! I spoke with a wedding manager today at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and she gave me week days that were available I think I may go with July 24th which is a Thursday,The only dilema now is that my Fiance is leaning towards the Sunset Beach Resort and Spa which is cheaper!

Hahah of course!  dang Fiances!  

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#4724 Futurebride714

Futurebride714
      • 52 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'm sorry the Iberostar is in Montego Bay, Jamaica.  Jamaica is the location we decided, and we picked Montego Bay, because it's the closes to the airport other than Negril or Ocho Rios.

#4725 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
      • Community Manager
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

I'm sorry the Iberostar is in Montego Bay, Jamaica.  Jamaica is the location we decided, and we picked Montego Bay, because it's the closes to the airport other than Negril or Ocho Rios.

Have you looked at Sandals/Beaches?  I think the one in Montego Bay is Sandals but there are Beaches in Negril and Ocho Rios - which are not adult only... I think you mentioned that in your first post?

#4726 Futurebride714

Futurebride714
        • 52 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

LOL I know my fiance's mother was like "girl, you know all the groom does is show up to the wedding".  LOL You know how they think the neccesities are not neccesities, LOL

#4727 MissJali

MissJali
        • 935 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

It's a private group chica. And I have to approve the ppl who join.

let me in, let me in!

#4728 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
          • Community Manager
          • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

LOL I know my fiance's mother was like "girl, you know all the groom does is show up to the wedding".  LOL You know how they think the neccesities are not neccesities, LOL

hahaah yeah sometimes they are kind of annoying when it comes to 'wedding talk'

#4729 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
            • Community Manager
            • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

let me in, let me in!

Once you are in I am going to see if I can see that you are in... if not I will come knocking also!!

#4730 Futurebride714

Futurebride714
              • 52 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

A mutual friend of one of my friends got married at the Sandals so we were trying to go a diffrent route, and we were't moved by the Beaches 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users