Photo

Turks & Caicos - minimum stay reqs at resorts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 conniep

conniep
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'm looking at Grace Bay resorts for our ceremony and reception. Some of the resorts have pretty steep room rates. Does anyone know if the resorts generally have a minimum stay requirement for the bride & groom, in order to have a wedding there? What about for guests?

#2 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
    • 1,088 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

beaches is 48 hours not including day of arrival not sure if that's island requirements or just that particular resort

#3 JenRoseRDH

JenRoseRDH
      • 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

The only wedding restriction I have come across was at Seven Stars. They had a minimum of rooms booked to have a weekend wedding. No minimum length of stay, they just seemed to be trying to get you to book your guests there too. It is a great resort and I don't know how strict they are in sticking to their policy. We would have tried to have our wedding there but they were not available on our date.

It is my understanding that Grace Bay Beach is considered public property so you can hold your wedding there regardless of where you are staying. Of course you would want some help with the set up and all but if you get a planner they will help you with those details.

Don't rule out the less expensive resorts in your planning. We looked at many during our planning visit and even the lower priced resorts on the beach were lovely. Sibonne, the Sands, the Ocean Club resorts, Alexandrea, Royal West Indies and I'm sure others are quite affordable and still on the same pristine stretch of beach as all the rest.

Provo is a fantastic destination and there is no way you could talk me out of getting married there once I'd seen it!

#4 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
        • 1,088 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

I'm sorry what I  was trying to say is  that beaches told me that i needed to be on the island for atleast 48hours before could marry there.  And as far as resort stay beaches has a free wedding package if you stay 6 nights minimum i believe.

#5 kisha311

kisha311
          • Site Supporter
          • 259 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

The 48 hour requirement is a legal thing in T&C, not a beaches thing. I believe that no matter where you stay, you have to be a resident of the island for a minimum of 48 hours
            Beaches Turks & Caicos - 30 Rooms booked with 80 guests confirmed so far!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users