Turks 2013

Oh, okay thanks.  I will check him out online.I can't have outside photographers on our resort so I want some great photos off the resort thinking of a TTD too.  I really do wish could have my own photographer do the actual wedding day.  Kinda makes me question my choices a little.  Hopefully the resort photographer does a great job.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now thinking of maybe having a beach bbq instead. But, I'm also concerned about dancing because that is one of the things that is a must for me!

We're having a catamaran cruise for our guests as well...before our welcome dinner. Danie, what band are you using? Are you using it for your reception or rehearsal dinner? I'm trying to decide if I want a band or DJ. The weddings I've been to that have had a band always resulted in a really fun dance party.  But, I'm not sure about the bands in TCI.

Tyre, sometimes it's nice having everything already picked out for you. I'm so indecisive so it's making decision-making very difficult!

Danie, I've been going back and forth about having my reception on the beach or not. Dancing, having fun and letting loose are priorities for my reception, so I'm trying to figure out which one will be the best way to do that. Are you getting a bad for your rehearsal dinner? All the weddings I've been to that have had bands all ended up being the most fun weddings with lots of dancing. My only problem is that I'm not sure what the bands are like on the island. I also won't be able to make a site visit so we'll see. I feel like a DJ might the safest choice, unless you have any recommendations!

Tyrebride, sometimes it's nice having everything already picked out for you. I'm so indecisive, that sometimes having options can be a bad thing :P.

We were originally planning to get married early 2014, but decided to go for May 2013. I feel so behind! I haven't looked at dresses yet.

By the way, it seems like flowers are really expensive on the island since they have to import everything. What are you guys doing for flowers?

Kim I agree the reception should be fun and full of dancing.  I am also very indecisive probably is for the best that my choices are limited as far as vendors.  I still haven't even looked at dresses my self I thought I was the only one behind in that area.  Yes, I agree the flowers are quite pricey.  I have been thinking of getting the real touch flowers recommended by many of the ladies on here or possibly DIY flowers.

Tyre, what are  real touch flowers?

I was thinking of making (or getting made) fabric flower bouquets that look similar like this (but with diff colors)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/91416934/wedding-bridal-bouquet-ready-to-ship-in

I thought it could be a nice keepsake for my bridal party (and for myself). Still not sure yet though.

I was also thinking of asking my mom to make the bouquets when she gets to the island (she's very good and it would  be a nice touch), but I'm not sure about getting wholesale flowers or anything like that on the island.

Hey girls:

Tyre: I know the website doesn't do much justice. You can also type in http://www.nicksonphotography or you can just good Jon Nickson Photography. On that website you will be able to see individual photos he has done. This site does much more justice. For me, I was able to meet him personally and view his book. Like I said he does good work and so does Brilliant. However, they both photograph different. So its what works for you and what price is good for you. I would definitely check out that website just to have an idea and I would look at the blogs on Brilliant. Try reaching out to both and seeing what the cost are for whatever your looking for. Ultimately go with what you feel will be best.

Kim:

I am having a band at Reherssal Dinner at Opus with Open Bar. I did not want to have the band the wedding night for the same reasons you were thinking. I did see a band when I was down there and it was great although I don't think I would want it for the wedding. I would much rather have a DJ play songs that me and my guest want played. So for the reception I opting for the DJ on the beach. Believe it or not the Beach BBQ cost more than the dinner with band. I also want to have a dance floor layed down so it will be easier for all to dance with maybe with some tiki torches around it. When I went on my site visit I witnessed a wedding at my resort on the beach and they had a DJ and a great time. So thats it for me. I agree I just want everyone to dance and have fun and be relaxed. The reherssal dinner with band still give my guest somethign different than the reception.

In regards to flowers believe it or not I was really happy with mine. Granted I am not going to have rose or lillies imported but my colors for the reception are blue, pink and purple and so my flowers will be the pink bouganville with blue dendronium orchids and purple dendronium orchids and I was quoted a reasonable price for me I beleive it was $200 for the bridal bouquet and for the girls I am just using freeshia bouganville as they are very beautiful. I believe EA will do the flowers. I did see many handmade flowers on ETSY that were really cute. But I just kind of wanted the real thing. Let me know what you girls pick.

Originally Posted by Danie View Post

Hey girls:

Tyre: I know the website doesn't do much justice. You can also type in http://www.nicksonphotography or you can just good Jon Nickson Photography. On that website you will be able to see individual photos he has done. This site does much more justice. For me, I was able to meet him personally and view his book. Like I said he does good work and so does Brilliant. However, they both photograph different. So its what works for you and what price is good for you. I would definitely check out that website just to have an idea and I would look at the blogs on Brilliant. Try reaching out to both and seeing what the cost are for whatever your looking for. Ultimately go with what you feel will be best.

Kim:

I am having a band at Reherssal Dinner at Opus with Open Bar. I did not want to have the band the wedding night for the same reasons you were thinking. I did see a band when I was down there and it was great although I don't think I would want it for the wedding. I would much rather have a DJ play songs that me and my guest want played. So for the reception I opting for the DJ on the beach. Believe it or not the Beach BBQ cost more than the dinner with band. I also want to have a dance floor layed down so it will be easier for all to dance with maybe with some tiki torches around it. When I went on my site visit I witnessed a wedding at my resort on the beach and they had a DJ and a great time. So thats it for me. I agree I just want everyone to dance and have fun and be relaxed. The reherssal dinner with band still give my guest somethign different than the reception.

In regards to flowers believe it or not I was really happy with mine. Granted I am not going to have rose or lillies imported but my colors for the reception are blue, pink and purple and so my flowers will be the pink bouganville with blue dendronium orchids and purple dendronium orchids and I was quoted a reasonable price for me I beleive it was $200 for the bridal bouquet and for the girls I am just using freeshia bouganville as they are very beautiful. I believe EA will do the flowers. I did see many handmade flowers on ETSY that were really cute. But I just kind of wanted the real thing. Let me know what you girls pick.

oh okay thanks I will check that site out now as well as google.  I have already looked at the blogs on Tropical I love their work.  I would love to do a site visit I initially just decided we are going to do a DW because it is beautiful as well as less hassle of an at home wedding. Then we decided  beaches resort because they have so much for the children and we have children as well as great reviews by those without children and an AI is better for guests traveling.  However, now after doing more research I am thinking I might want more in my wedding then a pre-packaged wedding. I am even considering discussing with FI to postpone the wedding in order for me to do site visits now and be sure of my choice.  Oh decisions decisions.  I really need to stay off this site it's making me second guess I'm beginning to be jealous of those with more planning..smile105.gif

OMG I how am I going to decide on flowers when I'm second guessing everything...

Originally Posted by KIM02242012 View Post

Tyre, what are  real touch flowers?

I was thinking of making (or getting made) fabric flower bouquets that look similar like this (but with diff colors)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/91416934/wedding-bridal-bouquet-ready-to-ship-in

I thought it could be a nice keepsake for my bridal party (and for myself). Still not sure yet though.

I was also thinking of asking my mom to make the bouquets when she gets to the island (she's very good and it would  be a nice touch), but I'm not sure about getting wholesale flowers or anything like that on the island.

I saw them here on the site many of the ladies are using them.  There are quite a few posts under wedding flowers, decorations, cake etc.  where you can see pics.  

I agree they would make good keepsakes.  It also would be a nice touch for your mom to make.  I am leaning towards the real touch they really do look like real flowers and I would love to be able to keep.

Originally Posted by Danie View Post

Hey girls:

Kim:

Danie, I'm now thinking of a beach bbq from your recommendations! I emailed my wedding planner about it. It is crazy that the beach bbq is more expensive. I think it's because of the rentals. Also, we have similar colors. I'm doing an aqua/seafoam green/turq with pink, so the bouganvillea (or however you spell it..or pronounce it!) will work. I've only see the really bright pink ones though. I should check if they are a lighter pink. While you did a site visit, what places did you visit? I haven't been to TCI. Did you check out the restaurants? Have any recommendations to make for guests?

Tyrebride..lol...you are just as indecisive as me! I'll check out the real flowers.