Photo

Wedding Garment Bag

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tia529

Tia529
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

I've read that keeping the dress in the vinyl garment bag that the dress shop gives you can discolor your dress.  I remember someone mentioning that they purchased a special garment bag for their dress, and I was wondering where to get one and what specifically to look for.  Has anyone bought a garment bag?

#2 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
    • 458 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

I bought a bag on Amazon.com. My tailor put a thick white plastic over my dress, then we put that in the colored garment bag, to ensure there wouldnt be any color bleed and to essentially "waterproof" it. The bag my dress came in was very similar but I felt like you could see through it a little too easily, so I went with one of our wedding colors!

Here is the description:

Product Description

This high quality Blue / Turquoise wedding dress garment bag is the perfect way to store your cherished bridal gown. Made with 3.5 mil breathable fabric, this garment bag is designed to let your dress "breathe" while it prevents yellowing and odors. The garment bag is extra long (72 inches) and includes a 10 inch side gusset to accommodate most style wedding dresses - even those with a train. This extra long hanging garment bag is perfect for any type of formal wear dress.

I've read that keeping the dress in the vinyl garment bag that the dress shop gives you can discolor your dress.  I remember someone mentioning that they purchased a special garment bag for their dress, and I was wondering where to get one and what specifically to look for.  Has anyone bought a garment bag?

#3 AmberDragon

AmberDragon
      • Site Supporter
      • 206 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 13, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Great question as I will need some help with this as well.  I have read that some people ordered their bag through the mens warehouse.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users