I have just returned from my wedding weekend at DRC. There were 54 guests attending our wedding and by and large everything went well. Unfortunately, I won't have time to write an extensive review, so please let me know if you have any specific questions.
A few suggestions:
- if your event is outside, discuss plan B with your coordinator prior to the wedding. I found out at 6 30 pm (which was the time the reception was supposed to start) that due to strong winds, my guests would end up with sand in their food, if we chose to keep our reception on the pool deck. Supposedly, this had never happened before - go figure. I made a decision to move it inside and we were unable to start reception until over an hour later. The bride who got married there night after got rained on as she was walking down the aisle. To be clear, the end result was good, given the circumstances. I was also pretty surprised (and also surprised the wedding coordinator and my guests) how well I handled the situation, lol. Remember, that it is most important with whom you are vs. where you are. I was fortunate to have a great group of ppl with me and we had a blast in the lobby of the hotel while waiting for the reception set up. Not to mention amazing photos on the steps leading to the lobby which would have never been taken if the didn't have to move the reception.
- Pay attention to flowers - I was a pretty laid back bride, so I only specified the colors of the flowers. I ended up with flowers I wasn't too crazy about.
- We opted for the ultimate package and split the cocktail hour and reception between Sat and Sunday. On Sat we held a short traditional Indian ceremony and after we had the cocktail hour with the music trio and for Sunday (traditional venue) we only reception given that the resort is already all inclusive with plenty of options to have a drink or a snack between the ceremony and reception. It is also a great option if you are on a budget.
- Photography - we used the one hour option included in the Ultimate package for the Indian Ceremony. For Sunday we hired Juan Navarro, the only outside photographer allowed on premises. Juan and Daniel were wonderful. They even stayed the extra hour with no additional charge due to the reception fiasco.
- Yamina (wedding coordinator) was great! She is very busy, so if you don't hear from her before you arrive, don't worry! Once you are there, she will have everything under control. There are 1-2 weddings at DRC every day, so they are pretty agile and on top of things.
- We brought our own centerpieces, table numbers and escort cards and Yamina set everything up as requested.