2013 Brides in Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#51 muneera0302

muneera0302
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by JA2012 

I have less than 2 wks til I leave!!! EEEEKKKKK!!! So excited but also going nuts. LOL! How's everyone else holding up?

wow so exciting! i can't wait until mine in december! do you have all your decor that you're bringing? is it alot? i'm still trying to book a photographer! i finally narrowed mine down to three, just waiting on a last quote.

#52 JA2012

JA2012
    • 334 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by muneera0302 

wow so exciting! i can't wait until mine in december! do you have all your decor that you're bringing? is it alot? i'm still trying to book a photographer! i finally narrowed mine down to three, just waiting on a last quote.

Ive gone down a couple times already and have brought an extra suitcase ea time filled with decor items and left it there - with friends and family.

Who are your options for photography? And where is your ceremony? Just watch how fast time flies. Before you know it you'll be like me and have days until your wedding. I'm going to be in panic mode next week probably. Can't believe it's finally almost here.

#53 muneera0302

muneera0302
      • 277 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by JA2012 

Ive gone down a couple times already and have brought an extra suitcase ea time filled with decor items and left it there - with friends and family.

Who are your options for photography? And where is your ceremony? Just watch how fast time flies. Before you know it you'll be like me and have days until your wedding. I'm going to be in panic mode next week probably. Can't believe it's finally almost here.

i've narrowed it down between Dwayne Watkins and Dean Clarke. Both have similar styles which i'm looking for so we're going to decide by this weekend which one. I really like them both! we're also staying at Secrets Wild Orchid but having the ceremony and reception next door at Seawind Beach Club (it's on the same property but seawind is more flexible with what you can have). i've been making stuff myself already, i'll post a thread closer to the end after i have everything done! this site has been a blessing cuz i would have never thought of half of these ideas lol and we will do the same before the wedding. go a few times and bring suitcases to leave down there. we have family there so that's a plus. 

#54 JA2012

JA2012
        • 334 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

That's perfect...being able to bring stuff down has been a lifesaver. 

With regards to my photography, I was just like you...I was going back and forth between Dwayne and Dean also. Dwayne's stuff looks amazing to me. Dean has a similar look and is much cheaper for the same package. I found it helpful to bite the bullet and call ea photograper and have a discussion with them to see who I vibed with best. They'll be with you all day so if they don't have a personality that clicks with yours, you will be screwed. Lol.

#55 muneera0302

muneera0302
          • 277 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

That's perfect...being able to bring stuff down has been a lifesaver.  With regards to my photography, I was just like you...I was going back and forth between Dwayne and Dean also. Dwayne's stuff looks amazing to me. Dean has a similar look and is much cheaper for the same package. I found it helpful to bite the bullet and call ea photograper and have a discussion with them to see who I vibed with best. They'll be with you all day so if they don't have a personality that clicks with yours, you will be screwed. Lol.

Yes that def helped! I called both and they were both friendly with a good personality! It was def tough but we decided to go with Dwayne. I'm glad I got that out the way. The crowd we have and our personalities def requires a Photgrapher that will show all that in the pics lol I'm glad you're almost set! Can't wait to see your pics! Who did you decide on? I can't remember if you said who already, my bad lol

#56 muneera0302

muneera0302
            • 277 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Hi ladies, i have question regarding documents. if we choose to do all the legal stuff here in US before we go down there (i mean go to the courthouse) do you know if we are still required to do all the legal documents in Jamaica?

#57 muneera0302

muneera0302
              • 277 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

ALso, has anyone looked into fireworks for the wedding reception? I'm trying to find someone in Jamaica that does that but am having a hard time.

#58 soonCB

soonCB
                • 264 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by muneera0302 View Post

Hi ladies, i have question regarding documents. if we choose to do all the legal stuff here in US before we go down there (i mean go to the courthouse) do you know if we are still required to do all the legal documents in Jamaica?

I don't think you would need the legal documents for Jamaica if you are just having a cymbolic ceremony rather than a legal one. We got legally married in Jamaica and it was a breeze since the officient handled everything. You just need your passports :)

#59 muneera0302

muneera0302
                  • 277 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by soonCB 

I don't think you would need the legal documents for Jamaica if you are just having a cymbolic ceremony rather than a legal one. We got legally married in Jamaica and it was a breeze since the officient handled everything. You just need your passports :)

ok that helps, thanks.

#60 muneera0302

muneera0302
                    • 277 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

Any of you ladies looked into having a firework show at your reception? if so let me know if you found any info on that. i'm currently looking into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users