So after pretty much planning every detail of our big, extravagant $35,000 (fall 2012) wedding, the drama with guest lists, finances, MONSTER-in-law, etc. was putting a strain on my FI & I's soon to be marriage. So much so, that we've decided to cancel everything and plan an intimate "elopment" in MEXICO this summer. Thank God we were able to get our deposits back for almost everything.
I've done a little research and found a few nice-looking resorts in Mexico to have our wedding:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resorts & Spa
- Now Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
- Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Valentin Imperial Maya
Has anyone been to any of these resorts?
Does anyone of any other AMAZING resort in Mexico for our wedding/honeymoon?
How good are the resort wedding coordinators?
Wishlist for Wedding/Resort:
- bamboo canopy w/ drapes
- intimate beach ceremony location
- intimate evening wedding dinner (for two)
- recently renovated/fairly new
- fantastic honeymoon suite
- nice size pool & a pool bar
- for young adults (not too much kids or retirees)
I know, a lot of question... Sorry. I'm just freaking out about planning my wedding thousands of miles away. Pretty much have no control until we get there.