So after pretty much planning every detail of our big, extravagant $35,000 (fall 2012) NYC wedding, the stress with guest list, finances, MONSTER-in-law, etc. was putting a strain on my FI & I's soon to be marriage. So much so, that we've decided to cancel everything and plan to "elope" in MEXICO in an intimate ceremony this summer (by OURSELVES). Thank God we were able to get our deposits back for almost everything.
I've done a little research and found a few nice-looking resorts in Mexico to have our wedding:
- Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resorts & Spa
- Excellence Playa Mujeres (top choice)
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Now Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
- Valentin Imperial Maya
Questions: Has anyone been to any of these resorts? Does anyone of any other AMAZING resort in Mexico for our wedding/honeymoon? How good are the resort wedding coordinators?
Wishlist for Wedding/Resort:
- bamboo canopy w/ drapes
- intimate beach ceremony location
- intimate evening wedding dinner (for two)
- recently renovated/fairly new
- fantastic honeymoon suite
- nice size pool & a pool bar
- for young adults (not too much kids or retirees)
I know, a lot of question... Sorry. I'm just freaking out about planning my wedding thousands of miles away and pretty much giving up all control to the resort's wedding coordinators.