Photo

My big fat non-resort site visit this weekend - blue venado, wickys, kool, isla de la pasion and xcaret (maybe more)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

of course! the office is in playa del carmen, on avenida first with street 24

my main contact was Giorgia Maricchio 00521 984 147 26 80

email - giorgia.bluevenado@gmail.com

They are super friendly and very fast at replying!

#12 Sandy Planner

Sandy Planner
    • 113 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

Thank you!

Originally Posted by JessiTaylor 

of course! the office is in playa del carmen, on avenida first with street 24

my main contact was Giorgia Maricchio 00521 984 147 26 80

email - giorgia.bluevenado@gmail.com

They are super friendly and very fast at replying!

#13 MnL2012

MnL2012
      • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

Wow, what great info!  I really wish I had used this site before my wedding!  I got married in January at Isla Pasion and loved having a private venue.  Now, I get to help my bff plan her wedding for next Feburary!  Thanks for the info, I will post my pictures soon... (brand new to the site, have to figure out how to use it...)

#14 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
        • 296 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

continued site review (shame on me i got lazy)

sandos caracol

i stayed in the select club so i had the option of adults only time. this was a flying visit of one night! select club was lovely, they spontaneously upgraded me to a jacuzzi room which was unexpected but lovely. pool was quiet with enough chairs for everybody, attentive staff by the pool to bring drinks

buffet had a massive selection -eg  5 kinds of potato not including french fries (hey im english and we like our potatos haha). really liked the food, slight drawback that it wasnt piping hot. but thats par for the course in most all inclusive resorts. was pretty busy and harder for larger groups to get in. they serve champagne at breakfast! i didnt have any but if i was staying longer i might have tried it

grounds are beautiful, beach was lovely. staff were attentive and friendly at all the bars and restaurants (i bopped up to the mexican restaurant confused and lost and they helped me to cut through and get me where i wanted to go).  lots of different animals to see and spot and they have free insect repellent stations ot keep the bugs at bay. lots of kids friendly places

saw a wedding on the beach there - nice decoration. drawback that was *very* public. loads of sunbathers videoing it and taking pictures and one drunk guy shouting ugly things at the couple. but decoration was pretty (as with most hotels -standard floral arch, white chairs with bows, cd music etc)

wedding co-ordinator fernanda seemed great, took me through packages and details efficiently

above all id be happy to stay here again!

#15 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
          • 296 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

grand coco bay

not an ultra luxury hotel but affordable AI. wedding co-ordinator is lovely and offers you loads of options that might help. they greet you with a glass of sparkling wine and a wet towel which i liked. i arrived at around 12 (so 3 hours early to check in) but they give you a wirst band so can eat/drink/relax while you wait. internet is 200 pesos for 24 hours

grounds nice enough big pool, and  i liked my room and would sit on the balcony and relax. lots of towel/sunbed hoggers which annoyed me though. they have activities like dance classes/ bingo which people who get bored easily can join in

didnt like - lots of boats in sea by resort. lots of seagulls in swimming pool (like loads of them) especially after idiot lady next to me thought it would be good to throw the food directly in front of our chairs. so they were flapping arround my head and poo-ing on my sandals. great. i hope there is a special circle of hell for you, seagull lady. possibly involving more seagulls

all in all - pretty standard but with friendlier staff than other places, they were really lovely

#16 acosta

acosta
            • 33 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 22, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Resort: Dreams Putero Aventuras Wedding: Unknown

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:26 AM

Thank you for your reviews. Much appreciated ! 

Guest Count: 49 plus Bride and Groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users