Photo

Key West Wedding Planner... Help!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NikkiK1

NikkiK1
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hello!  I'm a newbie to this site... but I like what I'm finding so far!  My fiance and I will be getting married in Key West August 10, 2012.  I spent several hours researching a wedding planner.  Either my wedding was too small or they just didn't seem interested in helping me.  The ceremony will only involve me and my fiance.  We will have 5 guests and we will go to a restaurant afterward and a pub crawl to follow.

My question... how long do I wait to hear back from the wedding planner I have chosen to use?  I have not given him any money yet... but it has been almost 5 days since I've heard from him.  I asked him a simple question about what photographers he uses and he sent me a one sentence email that "he will get back to me."  I understand that he has other clients that he also needs to help.  Do I wait it out or look elsewhere?

Thanks!

~Nikki

#2 Patti Eayre

Patti Eayre
    • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hi Nikki,

You might give that planner another day or two to get back to you with an intelligent reply. They may be super busy this week-- who knows, but if you do not get a satisfactory reply soon, I would go on to another planner. it is true, some of the bigger planners will not take you on, being such a small group, in turn with a small commission, but there are plenty who would love the opportunity.  Your planner has to be on your team 100%.   You don't want the frustration of dealing with someone who is not there for you and on top of things. 

#3 NikkiK1

NikkiK1
      • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

I ended up going with someone else.  The original planner just didn't seem interested in helping me.  Every email that I sent asking a simple question was replied with one word... i.e. nice, good, okay.

They wanted the money before I was even sent a contract. They rushed me off the phone and I could tell I didn't have their full attention when I celled them.  I just wasn't getting a good vibe.  

My new planer is awesome and very enthusiastic!!!!

#4 Patti Eayre

Patti Eayre
        • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

So glad you found a good one! The first one sounded like a real loser. And you never, never should send money of any kind before a contract is in place and signed--that applies to any kind of business :)

Congrats and have a fantastic wedding!

#5 Southern Photos

Southern Photos
          • Banned
          • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

Get ahold of Melissa at Southernmostphotography@gmail.com she can help plan & photograph your wedding

Daniel Kolbe

Owner/Photographer

Southernmost Photography

Keywestweddingphotography.com

#6 Southern Photos

Southern Photos
            • Banned
            • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

Look at this web-site for wedding photography in Key West http://keywestweddingphotography.com/

Daniel

Daniel Kolbe

Owner/Photographer

Southernmost Photography

Keywestweddingphotography.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users