Photo

Help...Destination Wedding, how to choose a resort!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 AshleyBrooke

AshleyBrooke
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

We are recently engaged and decided that we wanted to do a destination wedding.  The only place we ruled out is Mexico, and now we're doing research to decide where to go.  I've been reading all the forums on the various locations/resorts, but I'm finding it a bit overwhelming. Any advice on how to select our destination? Or a good travel agent to work with to help us?  Thank you!!

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hi, AshleyBrooke!  Welcome to BDW.  I was going to suggest reading reviews and seeing what sounds/looks like something you would like and what does not.  I know there is a lot of info so it can be tough.  You might want to try one of the BDW Travel Agents.  They Specialize in Destination weddings.  You can contact them HERE!

Here are some links that may be helpful to you:

Here are some BDW members and staff you should follow:

Moderators and Community Leaders  
      Hope you enjoy your time here.

#3 AshleyBrooke

AshleyBrooke
      • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

Thank you!  I will keep on reading!  I am really liking St. Lucia/ Antigua and Aruba..... we'll see!

#4 Cateyedcutie

Cateyedcutie
        • 159 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

Congrats on your engagement, and welcome to BDW! This place is great! I've spent more hours here reading than I can count. The ladies here are great. I feel in love with Jamaica on a vacation back in 06 and decided then and there, it's where I'd be getting married. Once i had a location FI and i spent hours reading reviews and looking at the numbers. After about 2 weeks of reading, we decided on Iberostar Grand. Haven't decided on a TA just yet, but we've been in contact with several. Good luck with your decisions and happy planning.

We are recently engaged and decided that we wanted to do a destination wedding.  The only place we ruled out is Mexico, and now we're doing research to decide where to go.  I've been reading all the forums on the various locations/resorts, but I'm finding it a bit overwhelming. Any advice on how to select our destination? Or a good travel agent to work with to help us?  Thank you!!

#5 favorsmr

favorsmr
          • 178 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!  This site and has been so helpful to me so far (I'm still pretty new in the planning process).  Pretty much anything you can think to ask has probably been discussed so the search feature should become your friend.  Happy Planning!

Originally Posted by AshleyBrooke 

#6 katie2012

katie2012
            • 49 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

Congratulations on your engagement! If you already have an idea of the season/month of your wedding, that can help you narrow locations down. We picked July 2012 then I made a list of all locations we would consider (domestic and international). It was easy to eliminate a lot due to hurricane season. Some locations have residency restrictions that wouldn't work for us. 

#7 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
              • 3,074 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forums! Have fun with all your planning... no matter where you end up!

Here is a link that may help with choosing a resort once you pick your location! http://www.bestdesti...ination-wedding

Keep smiling!

Linkn

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                    100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#8 AshleyBrooke

AshleyBrooke
                • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

Thank you for all the tips!  The links have been helpful in my research.

Katie2012, where are you getting married in Aruba?  I've been there a bunch and love it, but I thought it might be pricey for my guests.  Would love to hear what you found.  thank you!

#9 AshleyBrooke

AshleyBrooke
                  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

Thank you for all the tips!  The links have been helpful in my research.

Katie2012, where are you getting married in Aruba?  I've been there a bunch and love it, but I thought it might be pricey for my guests.  Would love to hear what you found.  thank you!

#10 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forums!  I've been to Jamaica (married there) and DR and really would say that you can get married anywhere.  I would decide on the time of year and what specific things you want the resort to have (adults only, etc) and then talk to a TA that can help you narrow down what fits your criteria the best.  Good lcuk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users