The legal requirements to have a civil ceremony in Panama are quite rigirous!! I have listed them below:
Copy of Bride and Groomâ€™s birth certificate (in long form).
· Copy of Bride and Groomâ€™s passport (all pages)
· Certificate of single status
· Application for a Civil Marriage Form. You will both have to fill this out separately. You will need to fill out the Spanish document, and have it translated
In destination, you will need to provide the following:
· Medical Certificate - issued by a Panamanian doctor within 15 days prior of wedding; the general medical examination must include the following lab tests: urinalysis, AIDS, blood test, V.D.R.L.
· Existing passports.
· Immigration Status / Tourist Card
· 2 witnesses who are fluent in Spanish. Could be 2 people working on site (at the Hotel) and they have to provide a copy of their ID.
Another option for you would be to get married at home and have a symbolic ceremony in Panama! This is often the route that destination wedding brides go as it tends to be the easiest