Photo

Love the hotel i Picked BUT....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 goddesslv4

goddesslv4
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

So it took me and my FI to pick a hotel bc we had our heart set on a somewhat more expensive hotel and yet we tried to find a better deal for our guests but after searching and comparing we finally decided to go with our dream hotel in the end and i am so happy about this!!!  But upon recent research the most complaints about my dream hotel is the WEDDING COORDINATORS!!! Great!  So supposedly some are mean, unorganized, and change prices around if i don't print out every little thing discussed... Oh and another thing since I've picked them the Main Coordinator (Not the on-site coordinator) has been replaced twice!!  Wow...and I don't get connected to the "on-site coordinator" the person that will actually be there and be the person who i tell how i want everything , only a MONTH before the wedding!   OH man just trying to go with it and try to learn from the reviews i've been reading! Any other brides out there with similar issues!!!

#2 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
    • 1,008 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:49 AM

Wow, I don't have a similar issue but I would do exactly what you had already mentioned. Especially the part about printing everything out. I would make sure you talk to everybody at that resort/ hotel through e-mail as much as possible and if you are talking to a wedding coordinator over the telephone I would request that she e-mail you everything that you are verbally talking about for your records, and I would state it just like that. Yikes, maybe switching around wedding coordinators is them weeding out the bad ones? Hopefully? Which resort did you end up picking?!? I hope everything works out fine for you.. Just keep your head up and remember not to let them intimidate you!! That is the number one rule!!

#3 goddesslv4

goddesslv4
      • 91 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

The Royal in Cancun! went there and fell in love!!!

#4 goddesslv4

goddesslv4
        • 91 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

And thanks for the positive words!!!

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

Wow, I don't have a similar issue but I would do exactly what you had already mentioned. Especially the part about printing everything out. I would make sure you talk to everybody at that resort/ hotel through e-mail as much as possible and if you are talking to a wedding coordinator over the telephone I would request that she e-mail you everything that you are verbally talking about for your records, and I would state it just like that. Yikes, maybe switching around wedding coordinators is them weeding out the bad ones? Hopefully? Which resort did you end up picking?!? I hope everything works out fine for you.. Just keep your head up and remember not to let them intimidate you!! That is the number one rule!!

#5 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
          • 400 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hang in there! If this hotel is your dream, then it's going to be beautiful!

I'm sure if you just keep records of all of your conversations, get everything in writing - you'll be fine :)

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

#6 marilili

marilili
            • 200 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Everything will turn out fine!  The coordinators have so many weddings to deal with, but once you are there it will work out.  Print everything out, put it in a binder and your set!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users