Jump to content

Photo

Has anyone recently visited BARCELO PUNTA CANA?


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#11 trivera5521

trivera5521
  • Jr. Member
  • 470 posts

    Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:59 AM



    Destiny the Gran Bahia is an adults only resort right?

    Originally Posted by Destiny 

    Good Morning Ladies ..

     

    After seeing pictures and reading reviews, Barcelo Punta Cana is defintiely a nice place and definitely worth the price but since I am more of a pickie bride and want the best looking, I have decided on the Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro.  When adding in all the extra's for Barcelo, it actually adds up to be more for the wedding packages.  Gran Bahia has A LOT more included in their packages.  But Ariana makes your experience worthwhile looking into.  But I have to keep remembering ... We only get married once and we are going for a OUR WEDDING and not a vavation ...lol .. so GRAN BAHIA PRINCIPE BAVARO PUNTA CANA  it is ...



     



    #12 Destiny

    Destiny
    • Newbie
    • 20 posts

      Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

      No ... The Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro is for all and family ..



      #13 LivFontan13

      LivFontan13
      • Newbie
      • 5 posts

        Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

        I too, have reconsidered. I think I may go with Dreams Palm Beach, Gran Bahia Prinicipe Bavaro, or Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda... Now I just have to make it down there for a trip... any one been down there yet?



        #14 trivera5521

        trivera5521
        • Jr. Member
        • 470 posts

          Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:57 AM


          I will be down there in 3 weeks doing site visits. I need to see 1st hand both Barcelo resorts. Costs for my guests is such a big factor for us. Some of which consist of a family of 4 and the Barcelo's resorts are right in budget. I will report back with a full review!!
           

          Originally Posted by LivFontan13 

          I too, have reconsidered. I think I may go with Dreams Palm Beach, Gran Bahia Prinicipe Bavaro, or Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda... Now I just have to make it down there for a trip... any one been down there yet?



           



          #15 Hildalin

          Hildalin
          • Newbie
          • 12 posts

            Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

            Hello Ladies I too am very concerned about the group rates for both these resorts ( gran Bahia and bavaro palace deluxe) anyone have recent rates for 2013 ( june 2013 ) thanks  in advance,

             

            or a contact email adrress will work also



            #16 trivera5521

            trivera5521
            • Jr. Member
            • 470 posts

              Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:41 AM


              Hilda what is your email address? They (Bavaro Palace Deluxe) do not have pricing out yet for 2013 but I do have their most recent which is 2012 that I can send along w/ the reception menu.  I will tell you this and I am sooooo not crazy about. It appears they have prefixed menus that are not customizable =( I am waiting for Marlene to get back to me with clarification on that as well as the reception location. All their literature refers back to a ballroom for the reception??? Ummm....what if I dont want my reception in a ballroom? We are not going all the way to DR to have our reception in a ballroom, like really?
               

              Originally Posted by Hildalin 

              Hello Ladies I too am very concerned about the group rates for both these resorts ( gran Bahia and bavaro palace deluxe) anyone have recent rates for 2013 ( june 2013 ) thanks  in advance,

               

              or a contact email adrress will work also



               



              #17 Destiny

              Destiny
              • Newbie
              • 20 posts

                Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

                Hi Ladies ..

                 

                I have recently recived group rates for November 2012 and the difference between the GRAN BAHIA PRINCIPE BAVARO and the BARCELO PUNTA CANA is only about $42.00 per person. Group rates do end up being a little higher in price cause they do guranatee everyone together, so to get all those seats together, they do raise the price a bit.

                I have recently received photo's from the BRACEL PUNTA CANA and is it absolutely not worth it for the private dinner reception ,  it is not nice looking at all. 

                After doing months and months of homework, the GRAN BAHIA PRINCIPE BAVARO is a much better deal for you buck and is an ultimate destination wedding location and venue. 

                Just to let you all know a well, you can ask to rent the gazebo after your semi private dinner to have you dancing if you desire.  It is an option as well. 



                #18 trivera5521

                trivera5521
                • Jr. Member
                • 470 posts

                  Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

                  Destiny can you please share the pricing for the Gran Bahia Principe please? And any pics that you have. When you say the Barcelo private dinner reception is not worth it, what do you mean. The location, set up or food?? Can you be a bit more specific please. Also if you can post the pic your referring to of the reception space that would be very helpful for us to see. Thanks!

                   

                  Originally Posted by Destiny 

                  Hi Ladies ..

                   

                  I have recently recived group rates for November 2012 and the difference between the GRAN BAHIA PRINCIPE BAVARO and the BARCELO PUNTA CANA is only about $42.00 per person. Group rates do end up being a little higher in price cause they do guranatee everyone together, so to get all those seats together, they do raise the price a bit.

                  I have recently received photo's from the BRACEL PUNTA CANA and is it absolutely not worth it for the private dinner reception ,  it is not nice looking at all. 

                  After doing months and months of homework, the GRAN BAHIA PRINCIPE BAVARO is a much better deal for you buck and is an ultimate destination wedding location and venue. 

                  Just to let you all know a well, you can ask to rent the gazebo after your semi private dinner to have you dancing if you desire.  It is an option as well. 



                   



                  #19 kswereda

                  kswereda
                  • Newbie
                  • 24 posts

                    Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:23 AM


                    We are getting married at the Barcelo Punta Cana on March 27th of this year, and we are bringing an external photographer from our city. Not sure where you got this information from? The wedding package we chose includes 4 guest passes, which will be used for the photographer as he is staying at the resort next door. We made sure this was okay with the WC Ariana. Who told you you couldn't bring your own photographer?
                     

                    Originally Posted by LivFontan13 

                    My wedding is going to be on May 4th, 2013 and I am thinking of having my wedding there as well. I am now terrified because I went on TripAdvisor and some people love and some HATE IT! The things that they hated scares me!  When you get back from your trip next month, PLEASE post pictures so that we can see what it is like. The only other thing (and I don't know how common this is there), but they don't allow to you bring in your own photographer!  I read some of the posts on here and found a few good photographers and the hotel won't let you bring in anyone external- which I thought was really weird.  Maybe all of these things can be worked out, can't wait to see what you bring back!

                     

                    -Olivia 



                     



                    #20 trivera5521

                    trivera5521
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 470 posts

                      Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

                      I think the confusion is that Barcelo Bavaro Palace (WC: Marlene) does not allow outside photographers and are contracted with Tropical Pictures. Barcelo Punta Cana (WC: Arianna) do allow outside photographers with a $50 pass. Unless of course your package includes it. Kswereda where are you doing your reception and what did you decide for food? Are you allowed choices or is it a fixed menu where everyone eats the same thing? Also, is it plated or buffet? Oh sorry one more thing what did you do for a DJ?






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users