Photo

Photography Reviews

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tdavis

tdavis
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

How accurate are the ratings for photography? What puts them at the top or the bottom? I'm looking at Ivan Luckie which is rated number 3 but does that really mean he is the top in the cancun area? I'm so nervous of making a mistake with photography.

#2 FabiLara

FabiLara
    • 172 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:51 AM

I think it's fair to say that the ratings are there as a record of brides who did actually rate their vendors - not a complete picture of the market. To choose a photographer, you must go to their web site and check their portfolio, then contact them and see how they treat you. Third step would be to seek any recommendations from the forums...usually if you search for the vendor name, it'll appear somewhere on this site.

I wouldn't worry too much about someone being number 2 or 3 or 7 - that just means that could mean that they haven't received as many ratings as other.

Happy planning!

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:23 AM

Lara is right.  The rating system is a GREAT way to cross reference your potential vendor.  If Ivan Luckie is ranked #3 on BDW that is PRETTY great and shows that there were alot of brides very happy with his service and work.  We have alot of the TOP destination wedding photographers on BDW that have been used by many BDW brides.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 780chick

780chick
      • 263 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:47 AM

The thing that gets me sometimes is that there is a great review (not always photography - sometimes florists, dj, other vendors etc) but you look into the users profile and the review is their first post. I just don't know how authentic the review is. I wonder if there should be a post count that users need to get to in order to post a review (like the 150 to download). Otherwise, it could be vendors themselves posting reviews. Just my thoughts.

#5 chrishuggett

chrishuggett
        • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

<a href="http://chrishuggettphotography.com.au">Family Photographer Sydney</a>

Capturing that raw candid emotion in Wedding Photography, Family Photography and the simple beauty of life that is baby photography.
          Not only in his Campbelltown studio, but on location throughout Sydney, Chris Huggett offers family's great value, great service and great pictures.

Earlier today, I had the pleasure of photographing the winner of Sydney’s Cutest Baby Competition 2012. Little Isla is as cute as they come and I just couldn’t resist this little sneak peek from today shoot. I would just like to say a huge THANK YOU to Petals by Olivia for the beautiful headpieces and Tutu worn on today’s baby session.

#6 kfritz

kfritz
          • Banned
          • 152 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

Thank you

#7 Kardev

Kardev
            • 79 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:44 AM

Good point

#8 iberostarbride

iberostarbride
              • 153 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

getting a little nervous about not meeting photographer before wedding and paying all this money any one use photos adventures at iberostar in mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users