Photo

MUSIC - Wedding bands in Riviera Maya (Cancun/PDC) with good English repertoire?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 cardarriprod

cardarriprod
  • Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

www.cancunmusicevents.com the best band in town

#12 QuintanaV

QuintanaV
    • 76 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

I would really like to have a band perform at my wedding and am going between La Mata band and Hits Band based on you tube performances that I saw. I have to get any pricing, however. Does anyone know how much they cost?

#13 nybride

nybride
      • 31 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

I believe the bands range in price from $3,000 to $5,000.

La Mata has a big American repertoire but skews more rock. Hits band is more Latin but is more dance.

Contacts:

lamata@hotmail.com

hitsband@gmail.com

#14 QuintanaV

QuintanaV
        • 76 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for the info on pricing. I would absolutely LOVE a band, but i'll have to see how all my budgeting pans out.

#15 nybride

nybride
          • 31 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Just used La Mata band!!

We were hesitant about bands, because we couldn't find one with a very strong English repertoire, but we finally found La Mata and saw them perform at Carlos N Charlie's. They were an AMAZING addition to the wedding.

If you want a real raging dance party, I would recommend hiring La Mata band with a DJ (either their own) or another DJ. (It's not much more expensive at all) That way you have different pace of music - La Mata is more rock/dance and a DJ can play Rihanna, Gaga, Michael Jackson. They were so fun and many of our guests said they didn't even realize it was a band sometimes because they sounded authentic!!

It definitely added a lot to our wedding to have live music and not only a DJ. They had a great long song list and definitely exceled at songs like "Don't Stop Believing," "Take on Me," "Tainted Love," "I'm Yours" and then also played some awesome reggae and other mainstream rock songs during dinner time.

They just were really fun and fantastic. Additionally they were super nice and very responsive on email.

Roberto

lamataband@hotmail.com

984-131-8253

#16 QuintanaV

QuintanaV
            • 76 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

Thats great news! I am currently leaning towards hiring a band. The only thing is that I may only have about 40 guests. Would it be overkill to hire a band for that many people?

#17 leboandlee

leboandlee
              • 14 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Can anyone recommend a great band in the Cancun area?  I'd love a 10 - 15 piece band - something really fun that will get the party going!

#18 rosyvaldez

rosyvaldez
                • 50 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I invite you to visit my Facebook page: Rosy Valdez Productions On Air We are the best choice in music and entertainment. solo singer with my sax and flute, piano, violĀ­n, duet, trio, music band Mariachi DJ music, fire show, etc. Contact me for more info. Rosy valdez Rvproductions@rosyvaldez.com

#19 cardarriprod

cardarriprod
                  • Banned
                  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

check out this link http://www.cancunmus...ican-music.html those are musicians from cuban jamaican mexico www.achepatiorquesta.com Cel. in Cancun 52 998 1819085, they have from  4 to 15 musicians performer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users