Photo

hair and makeup

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SS20

SS20
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:01 PM

Hi just wondering if anyone can give me some input on hair and makeup?? Should I pay the high price for the spa? Look into see if someone can come to the resort to do it or go into town and have it done?

#2 jlarruda

jlarruda
    • 201 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

I'm planning on going to the spa for my hair, originally I didn't want to.. but I figure it will be something I won't have to worry about.  As far as makeup, I'm planning on going to MAC and do a trial and purchase the makeup.

#3 J-me

J-me
      • 398 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

I debated this as well, but decided to hire someone to come to my room for hair and makeup. I'm looking at a few reputable vendors (on here) and their prices are comparable (if not better) than our resort's spa, not to mention the convenience of them coming to you! :)

#4 SS20

SS20
        • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:40 PM

well please share what you find out! id be interested on prices and quality of work!!

#5 J-me

J-me
          • 398 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:34 PM

There are several seemingly great, reputable vendors on here! I'm leaning towards MVP - Melissa is so talented, has great reviews from past brides and they emailed me back within hours, which speaks volumes on their professionalism! But I haven't completely ruled out Fernando....decisions decisions :)

#6 jamieirene

jamieirene
            • 650 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:41 PM

I was going to hire an outside vendor but my resort charges a 200 dollar fee for outside vendors we are already paying it for our photographer and videographer....my cousin who is a bridesmaid is a hair dresser so she can help as far as makeup ill go to sephora and mac before we leave and just buy a bunch of make up and do it myself....

#7 J-me

J-me
              • 398 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:51 PM

You're so lucky to have a hair dresser in the fam! Unfortunately, myself nor any of my bridesmaids/fam are talented in hair/makeup so we're going the pro route :) Our day pass is about $90 a person, so I definitely am having to factor it in the cost, but well worth it in my situation.

Originally Posted by jamieirene 

I was going to hire an outside vendor but my resort charges a 200 dollar fee for outside vendors we are already paying it for our photographer and videographer....my cousin who is a bridesmaid is a hair dresser so she can help as far as makeup ill go to sephora and mac before we leave and just buy a bunch of make up and do it myself....

#8 brian123

brian123
                • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:26 PM

you have to search in internet for a professional hair dresser in your locality.You can search in forums or websites or professional hair dressers blogs.You can contact them and find a suitable hair dresser for you.For finding a makeup artist search in Makeup artist

#9 Sara Tamargo

Sara Tamargo
                  • Vendor
                  • 94 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:50 AM

Of I would recommend looking outside the hotel as the vendor quality probably goes up because they have a perceived vale price added to the spa...  Hope the wedding goes well...

abrazos from playa,

sara

Hi just wondering if anyone can give me some input on hair and makeup?? Should I pay the high price for the spa? Look into see if someone can come to the resort to do it or go into town and have it done?

#10 Sara Tamargo

Sara Tamargo
                    • Vendor
                    • 94 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:53 AM

Nice choice in resort (I love Aventura by Palace)  and I'm loving your photographer...perhaps I'm biased for my sister's company :)  Saludos.

Sara

Originally Posted by J-me 

There are several seemingly great, reputable vendors on here! I'm leaning towards MVP - Melissa is so talented, has great reviews from past brides and they emailed me back within hours, which speaks volumes on their professionalism! But I haven't completely ruled out Fernando....decisions decisions :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users