Sign in to follow this  
rodent

How do you clean your ring?

Our jeweler said to use Fantastik cleaner on it ... b/c it has a lot of the same ingredients as regular jewelry cleaners, but for a fraction of the cost. 1/2 warm water, 1/2 Fantastik. Soak the ring and then use an old toothbrush to clean in the nooks and crannies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
Our jeweler said to use Fantastik cleaner on it ... b/c it has a lot of the same ingredients as regular jewelry cleaners, but for a fraction of the cost. 1/2 warm water, 1/2 Fantastik. Soak the ring and then use an old toothbrush to clean in the nooks and crannies.
Is this a common household cleaner? I shopped for ring cleaner yesterday at target & couldn't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Is this a common household cleaner? I shopped for ring cleaner yesterday at target & couldn't find it.
Yep, it's green and with the 409, Lysol, Windex, etc.

i am totally obsessed with cleaning my ring - i think i do it every other day - PSYCHO!

i registered for this cleaner from BBandBeyond and received it as a gift at our Engagement Party.

It is an ultrasonic cleaner and uses tap water - the ring looks crazy sparkly - it is really easy to use and i definitely recommend it!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Conair® Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner

Restore brilliance to your jewelry with tap water and 42,000 energy waves of frequency. Cleaner is also safe for cleaning eyeglasses and dentures. It even includes a CD/DVD holder, watch stand and jewelry cleaning basket. Features digital display with five timed cycles from 90 to 400 seconds. Stainless steel 20-ounce tank. Limited one-year warranty. UL listed. Model # JC3SB

It's already on mine :)

I bought a $4 container of cleaner at heltzberg diamond. I drop my ring in for a few minutes & then brush it clean. its crazy how much it sparkles after that.

last night i added 1/2 tap water and 1/2 anmonia and put it on the 480 cycle and my ring looks INSANE today - this woman stopped me in the coffee shop before and was like - wow your ring is so sparkly!!!! i almost wanted to tell her about the sonic but i felt like a total PSYCHO! LOL