Photo

I need a natural hair stylist!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

I am looking for a hair stylist that can do my hair for my wedding in Montego bay. I would prefer that they have experience with African American natural hair. Thanks in advance, Felicia Soon to be Mrs. Swanson IRHB MoBay, Jamaica 11.12.11

#2 JQLong

JQLong
    • 336 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

Hi meeshamillz...

I can't say I know any hair stylist in your area.  But....there are so many great styles for natural hair for a wedding day.  I am so addicted to Youtube and the info on natural hair.  Search youtube for natural hair wedding styles.  You should find something.  I am having the makeup artist from St. Thomas do my hair, but I plan on having a few pics of styles that I like on hand.  Good Luck!

Originally Posted by meeshamillz 

I am looking for a hair stylist that can do my hair for my wedding in Montego bay. I would prefer that they have experience with African American natural hair.

Thanks in advance,

Felicia

Soon to be Mrs. Swanson
      IRHB MoBay, Jamaica 11.12.11

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#3 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
      • 317 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:04 AM

Thanks,

I am also a YouTube Finatic amongst other things...I have a style chosen already I think you have already seen it. (the jill scott) I just want to make sure the person in MoBay that will be doing my hair can pull it off.

Originally Posted by JQLong 

Hi meeshamillz...

I can't say I know any hair stylist in your area.  But....there are so many great styles for natural hair for a wedding day.  I am so addicted to Youtube and the info on natural hair.  Search youtube for natural hair wedding styles.  You should find something.  I am having the makeup artist from St. Thomas do my hair, but I plan on having a few pics of styles that I like on hand.  Good Luck!

#4 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
        • 317 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:17 AM

For anyone else that may look at this thread that has not seen the style I would like to pull off for my wedding. I should have included it in the original post! SMH ...lol

Here it is... I am looking for a stylist in MoBay that has experience with natural hair and knows they can pull this off

jill-scott-hairstyles.jpg

#5 JQLong

JQLong
          • 336 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:53 AM

I so love this style.  If I thought it would go with my dress , I would totally use this!

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#6 candicesq

candicesq
            • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

Hi, did anyone respond to you on this?  I am looking for a hair stylist in the Montego Bay area too.  My hair is natural; I need someone who knows how to get it straight!  Thanks!

#7 MissHoneyBee

MissHoneyBee
              • 82 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:07 AM

Love the style, wish I could help. The only stylists I've run across are the ones working in the Spa at my resort.  I have locs and want them styled for my special day so I'm going to see if they can do it.

Together we can conquer the world.
                M+D -- May 25, 2012 - Iberostar Rose Hall Grand

87 booked and counting!

#8 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
                • 317 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

My wedding is less than a year away now and I have decided that I want to lock my hair. My hair is super long so I think I am going to try to pull off this style.4

Originally Posted by MissHoneyBee 

Love the style, wish I could help. The only stylists I've run across are the ones working in the Spa at my resort.  I have locs and want them styled for my special day so I'm going to see if they can do it.

#9 Lexon

Lexon
                  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Visit www.lexonproductions.com. Superb services.

#10 Naturally You

Naturally You
                    • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

I know this is late and you had a wonderful and unforgettable wedding. There is in fact a salon in Montego Bay that caters to natural hair only. We do natural hairstyles and locs! We do loc start up, loc grooming, maintenance and repair. Check us out on facebook www.facebook.com/naturallyyouja or email us info@naturallyyouja.com. You will not be disappointed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users