Photo

Felicia's 11.12.11 Montego Bay, Jamaica Wedding Planning Thread!! (old thread, old wedding colors and date)

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#11 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:17 AM

Oh yeah, we will also be using white lanterns. I was told by Sylvia at Iberostar rose hall beach that they have white ones available so that saves me from carrying extra stuff. The lanterns came in a very light 5 pound box. They fit perfectly in the one suitcase I plan on using for only wedding stuff... So far... We will have to see how the one suitcase for wedding stuff works out! Lol

Hey guys! I have officially purchased the first items that will go towards our wedding. Just so you know, Brett and I have gone back and forth over our wedding colors... I mean it was rediculus how many times we (I) changed our (my) mind! And just when we decided on some nice fall colors for a fall wedding in the south. We decided to have the wedding in Jamaica and had to change the colors another 3 or 4 times! So this may be the reason why I am soooo excited about purchasing our decorations...now we can't change the colors anymore! Lol So here it is... 20 Purple & 20 Turquoise Chinese Japanese paper lanterns!! They are 12" in diameter & cost 1.20 each. The 10" ones were 1.09 but I wanted them to be a little larger. I got them from www.justartifacts.com The total was & $48 & the shipping was $17.98. Even with the shipping these lanterns ended up being the cheapest I could find and in my colors. Posted Image

#12 akamikey11

akamikey11
    • 203 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:53 AM

They look great...are you also on the Iberostar thread?  I am getting married at the Suites.  I know a couple of the brides have pictures up of the lanterns in their reviews.  They will look great.

Originally Posted by meeshamillz 

Oh yeah, we will also be using white lanterns. I was told by Sylvia at Iberostar rose hall beach that they have white ones available so that saves me from carrying extra stuff.

The lanterns came in a very light 5 pound box. They fit perfectly in the one suitcase I plan on using for only wedding stuff... So far... We will have to see how the one suitcase for wedding stuff works out! Lol

Quote:

Hey guys!

I have officially purchased the first items that will go towards our wedding. Just so you know, Brett and I have gone back and forth over our wedding colors... I mean it was rediculus how many times we (I) changed our (my) mind! And just when we decided on some nice fall colors for a fall wedding in the south. We decided to have the wedding in Jamaica and had to change the colors another 3 or 4 times!

So this may be the reason why I am soooo excited about purchasing our decorations...now we can't change the colors anymore! Lol

So here it is... 20 Purple & 20 Turquoise Chinese Japanese paper lanterns!!

They are 12" in diameter & cost 1.20 each. The 10" ones were 1.09 but I wanted them to be a little larger.

I got them from www.justartifacts.com

The total was & $48 & the shipping was $17.98. Even with the shipping these lanterns ended up being the cheapest I could find and in my colors.

47415c1a-cd4d-8fbb.jpg

#13 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
      • 317 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:34 AM

Is there a way for me to post to both threads at once? I am new to this site so i don't know what I am doing! Lol

They look great...are you also on the Iberostar thread? I am getting married at the Suites. I know a couple of the brides have pictures up of the lanterns in their reviews. They will look great.

Quote:

Oh yeah, we will also be using white lanterns. I was told by Sylvia at Iberostar rose hall beach that they have white ones available so that saves me from carrying extra stuff.

The lanterns came in a very light 5 pound box. They fit perfectly in the one suitcase I plan on using for only wedding stuff... So far... We will have to see how the one suitcase for wedding stuff works out! Lol

Quote:

Hey guys!

I have officially purchased the first items that will go towards our wedding. Just so you know, Brett and I have gone back and forth over our wedding colors... I mean it was rediculus how many times we (I) changed our (my) mind! And just when we decided on some nice fall colors for a fall wedding in the south. We decided to have the wedding in Jamaica and had to change the colors another 3 or 4 times!

So this may be the reason why I am soooo excited about purchasing our decorations...now we can't change the colors anymore! Lol

They are 12" in diameter & cost 1.20 each. The 10" ones were 1.09 but I wanted them to be a little larger.

The total was & $48 & the shipping was $17.98. Even with the shipping these lanterns ended up being the cheapest I could find and in my colors.

47415c1a-cd4d-8fbb.jpg

#14 meeshie77

meeshie77
        • 208 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:54 AM

Those are my colors too!!  Awesome.  What color have you gone with for BM dresses?  What are the guys wearing?

Hey guys!

47415c1a-cd4d-8fbb.jpg

#15 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
          • 317 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

Our wedding party is very small. One brides maid, she will wear purple and our Jr bridesmaid/flower girl (same person) is wearing turquoise. My hubby to be is wearing a tan colored linen suit with a white shirt and the best man is wearing the same pants and a white shirt. Just no jacket. Here is a pic followed by the link.

Hey guys!

47415c1a-cd4d-8fbb.jpg

#16 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
            • 317 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:11 PM

Here is my Turquoise, Purple & White flower girl basket and ring bearer pillow! I had them custom made from a lady on www.etsy.com . Her store name is Crafting4u and she was awesome! She asked for details about our wedding color and when I told her the colors we were using were Regency (purple) & Malibu (turquoise) from David's Bridal, she gladly went the extra mile and went to a David's Bridal near her house so she could make sure the fabrics matched perfectly. She is also making us a jumping broom to match. I will also post that as soon as I get the pic. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
              • 317 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

My Bachelorette Party invite Posted Image

#18 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
                • 317 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

The Front and Back of our Luggage Tags Posted Image

#19 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
                  • 317 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

Posted Image

#20 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
                    • 317 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

The Inside and outside of our pre-travel Brochures Posted Image Posted Image

Back to Destination Wedding Planning Journal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users