Photo

Silly question about Trash the Dress

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 redginger

redginger
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

Are you ladies planning to use your bridal bouquet for the TTD session too? I'm wondering if the fresh bouquet will be wilted the day after the wedding? If so, should I be getting silk or real touch flowers instead? Thanks!

#22 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
    • 1,252 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

after the wedding if you put your flowers into water.....they should be good for the TTD, and other think....put some ice in there too it works like a charm lol Im using my real flowers for our TTD the next day after the wedding

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#23 redginger

redginger
      • 360 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for the tip, Canadiangirl!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

after the wedding if you put your flowers into water.....they should be good for the TTD, and other think....put some ice in there too it works like a charm lol Im using my real flowers for our TTD the next day after the wedding

#24 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
        • 1,252 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

np at all, im full of useless info like that lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#25 MrsAprilDewees

MrsAprilDewees
          • 31 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

This thread just made me more excited about doing a TTD!!! I kept seeing pictures also and knew I wanted to do it. My dress is about $450, but for the pictures it's worth it! ^_^

#26 beachbum21

beachbum21
            • 438 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

You ARE brave :) I've read that you can wash them in a washer, I've also read that a lot of stores do that! Turns out a lot of dresses are 100% polyester so it's no problem.. I would think though that if there is extensive beading or anything it could be tricky?? What material was your dress?
              I need to have mine cleaned before the wedding, bought one off the rack, I wish I could just do it myself! lol

Originally Posted by ellenj01 

You are so brave!  Lol!  That is great that it worked!  

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin 

I'm sure I will horrify people by saying this... but I came home, turned my dress inside out, and put it in my washing machine (front load... i wouldn't do this with top load) on the hand-wash cycle... and it looks brand new again.  We did the same with hubby's linen suit, looks good as new.

Give it a good rinse in water as soon as you get out of the ocean though.  Dont want to leave all that salt sitting in your clothes. 

#27 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
              • 1,252 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

yeah i spent about 1200.00 on mine, but hell im only doing this once....totally worth it lol lol lol

heres hoping my front load is good lol lo

#28 Brissa Aguilar

Brissa Aguilar
                • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

Hello! Im looking for a photographer in Cancun or Isla Mujeres in August 17-21 for a Trash the Dress Session. Under $400. Someone please help me :)

#29 beachgal2012

beachgal2012
                  • 162 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:27 AM

oh, you are too funny! i don't have any interest in using a hairdryer, either!  i wonder what the best way to travel w/ it back home is...

if you hear of any ideas, please let me know. i'll keep asking around and do the same.  some crazy thoughts we have...but they are definitely good questions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users