Photo

Welcome Dinner on Beach or Welcome Cocktail?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Afaybik

Afaybik
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

My daughter is getting married at Azul Beach in May and we are trying to decide between a Welcome Dinner on the beach or a Welcome Cocktail Party, also on the beach.  The Welcome Dinner includes 4 hours open bar while the Welcome Cocktail includes 2 hours open bar.  There are also 7 people staying off the resort that would be able to come for the 4 hour dinner but not the 2 hour cocktail.  Which have you had and why did you choose it?  Thanks!

#2 lalanyc

lalanyc
    • 363 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

How many days before the wedding would the event be held?  If you're also having a rehearsal dinner in addition to welcome drinks, then I think drinks alone would be fine.  If this event is meant to take the place of a rehearsal dinner, then I would recommend the fuller welcome dinner.  

If you go w/ a cocktail party, I would still recommend serving food (if only light appetizers).  It will be eaten, guaranteed!  I would also plan to have the event carry over at the hotel bar - it's likely many guests will want to continue the party even if the drinks aren't free.  You will only be able to enjoy your guests for a limited time, so make the most of it!  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users