Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
meh4221

Turks & Caicos chapels

Recommended Posts

Hi there and thank you for all the helpful info.....Are there any chapels or other venues to marry besides beachfront, and big resort, or private villa.....just trying to consider all the options some of which may be a bit more reasonable.  The thought of having to book a certain number of rooms to 'host" your wedding is a bit nerve wracking especially in this economy....some guests who are planning to come might have a change in circumstances and then what happens the room reverts to the rack rate!!! that might come as a huge shock to some of the guests.  Trying to avoid that problem, hopefully.  Is there ever the option of staying say at the palms and hosting the actual event next door at the Somerset?  Thank you so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, there aren't any chapels that are anything other than functional for church services (not really picturesque).  We do have public beach accesses and if you don't need lots of chairs or fancy decorations, we see some people head over to certain areas to get married. 

 

If you want something a little more "fancy", you can always check out Bay Bistro/Kissing Fish catering.  You can have your guests stay around that area (palms/sommerset/verands/alexandria/Sibonee/ and the Sands would be a little walk) and all of them could meet at Bay Bistro for the wedding and reception with them catering.  The do a great set up and spread.  I don't know whats involved for just a private ceremony with a pastor and no set up on one of the beach accesses, you may have to check with one of the wedding coordinators on island if there areany permits needed (or one of the pastors who do the ceremonies).  Other than Beaches and Club Med which are all inclusive, your guests don't have to be staying at your hotel.  We see many brides book the location and give a couple of options surrounding it.  Another example would be wedding (bride and groom staying) at Grace Bay Club with guests staying there or at Villa del Mar/Ocean Club West or even Caribbean Paradise Inn (bed and breakfast).    

 

Hope that helps,

Krys

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Krys,

 

I was so happy to read your note below, because I am interested in getting married on the beach,- minus the theatrics. I don't want anything, but the beach, the officiant and my fiance.  It seems that something so simple is hard to find.  Do you happen to have any updated info as to how a couple can achieve a very simple beach wedding.  Just the two of us. I am looking at the Veranda and Somerset as Hotels to stay.  A few friends or family may opt to travel for vacation and simply witness the union, but that's it. We don't need chairs, or anything elaborate, b/c we will more than likely...say "i do" then hit up a restaurant ourselves or something along those lines. Any information you can lend on how we can go about doing this would be EXTREMELY HELPFUL! I want to know if this is possible before booking my resort.  We are looking to get married in October of this year.

 

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you soon :-)
 

Originally Posted by Tropical Imaging View Post

Honestly, there aren't any chapels that are anything other than functional for church services (not really picturesque).  We do have public beach accesses and if you don't need lots of chairs or fancy decorations, we see some people head over to certain areas to get married. 

 

If you want something a little more "fancy", you can always check out Bay Bistro/Kissing Fish catering.  You can have your guests stay around that area (palms/sommerset/verands/alexandria/Sibonee/ and the Sands would be a little walk) and all of them could meet at Bay Bistro for the wedding and reception with them catering.  The do a great set up and spread.  I don't know whats involved for just a private ceremony with a pastor and no set up on one of the beach accesses, you may have to check with one of the wedding coordinators on island if there areany permits needed (or one of the pastors who do the ceremonies).  Other than Beaches and Club Med which are all inclusive, your guests don't have to be staying at your hotel.  We see many brides book the location and give a couple of options surrounding it.  Another example would be wedding (bride and groom staying) at Grace Bay Club with guests staying there or at Villa del Mar/Ocean Club West or even Caribbean Paradise Inn (bed and breakfast).    

 

Hope that helps,

Krys

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's certainly possible.  All beaches are public access, so no hotel "owns" a beach.  We've done ceremonies down near the leeward end of Grace Bay, just driving down to the public access point, meeting the officiant and there you go.  Another option is Little Water Cay.  People will book a boat trip with Atabeyra or Sail Provo and do the ceremony on an uninhabited cay (although your fee for the officiant may be a bit more as they would have to be there longer).  Additionally, Taylor Bay and Sapadilla Bay are areas that are used for non hotel/villa type weddings.  There are a number of officiants on island.  Their fees are somewhere between $200-$500, but they handle the paperwork/certificates (it's a nice job if you can get it LOL).  I don't have anyone's contact information with me right now but Ileana would have it as she coordinates all of our wedding schedules etc. 

 

Essentially you would set the timing and location up with the official, meet them there and get married.  The four areas I have mentioned (leeward area of Grace Bay, Little Water Cay, Taylor Bay, and Sapadilla Bay) will be pretty private.  Leeward and Big Water Cay will be more private than the two bays.  I know we've picked up couples and witnesses in our van for weddings and taken them over and then brought them back, it's very doable, although I would suggest renting cars vs cabs as that gets pricey with cabs.

 

Hope that helps

Krys

 

here are some weddings in those locations

http://www.brilliant.tc/2011/03/wedding-melissa-bill/

http://www.brilliant.tc/2011/01/wedding-joletta-kevin/

http://www.brilliant.tc/2011/05/wedding-jackie-chris-straatman/

http://www.brilliant.tc/2010/03/brady-bunch-wedding/

http://www.brilliant.tc/2010/04/sailing-perfect-beach-wedding-part/

http://www.brilliant.tc/2011/04/sweet-simple/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Krys,

 

You have no idea how extremely helpful that was. Thank you so much! I am definitely going to look into this. The pictures you included were great!  Just what i want. I private, small and simple wedding. Can you PM me with your pricing for photography? Also, do you have any idea how much it costs for the boat ride with Atabeyra?  Thank you soooo much!  
 

Originally Posted by Tropical Imaging View Post

It's certainly possible.  All beaches are public access, so no hotel "owns" a beach.  We've done ceremonies down near the leeward end of Grace Bay, just driving down to the public access point, meeting the officiant and there you go.  Another option is Little Water Cay.  People will book a boat trip with Atabeyra or Sail Provo and do the ceremony on an uninhabited cay (although your fee for the officiant may be a bit more as they would have to be there longer).  Additionally, Taylor Bay and Sapadilla Bay are areas that are used for non hotel/villa type weddings.  There are a number of officiants on island.  Their fees are somewhere between $200-$500, but they handle the paperwork/certificates (it's a nice job if you can get it LOL).  I don't have anyone's contact information with me right now but Ileana would have it as she coordinates all of our wedding schedules etc. 

 

Essentially you would set the timing and location up with the official, meet them there and get married.  The four areas I have mentioned (leeward area of Grace Bay, Little Water Cay, Taylor Bay, and Sapadilla Bay) will be pretty private.  Leeward and Big Water Cay will be more private than the two bays.  I know we've picked up couples and witnesses in our van for weddings and taken them over and then brought them back, it's very doable, although I would suggest renting cars vs cabs as that gets pricey with cabs.

 

Hope that helps

Krys

 

here are some weddings in those locations

http://www.brilliant.tc/2011/03/wedding-melissa-bill/

http://www.brilliant.tc/2011/01/wedding-joletta-kevin/

http://www.brilliant.tc/2011/05/wedding-jackie-chris-straatman/

http://www.brilliant.tc/2010/03/brady-bunch-wedding/

http://www.brilliant.tc/2010/04/sailing-perfect-beach-wedding-part/

http://www.brilliant.tc/2011/04/sweet-simple/

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad I can help.  Email Ileana (Ileana@brilliant.tc) and she can get an idea of what you want to do and she can give you some ideas on packages that would suit your day.  She'll also have the contacts for the pastors that you can work with.   Ileana coordinates all of our wedding business, (Kellie coordinates portraits, David does commercial, Louise manages the office, Preston does video and Andy oversees everything.)  We all shoot, but find it's good to have one contact point for each area and Ileana is fabulous in helping our brides.  I actually do album design/commissioned paintings and then do some school teaching of photography and photoshop as well as jewelry design and commissioned work.

 

For Atabeyra, just email suntours@tciway.tc.  David is the owner with his wife Jenny and they can also give you an idea for prices in October.  We love Atabeyra, they tend to be the expat choice of sailboat on island. 

 

Let me know if you have any other questions

 

Krys

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Krys,

 

I hope you are doing well today. Thanks again for all your help. I emailed Ileana this morning.  I look forward to hearing back from her.  I'm getting so excited now that i have more information to work with.  Thanks a million!
 

Originally Posted by Tropical Imaging View Post

I am glad I can help.  Email Ileana (Ileana@brilliant.tc) and she can get an idea of what you want to do and she can give you some ideas on packages that would suit your day.  She'll also have the contacts for the pastors that you can work with.   Ileana coordinates all of our wedding business, (Kellie coordinates portraits, David does commercial, Louise manages the office, Preston does video and Andy oversees everything.)  We all shoot, but find it's good to have one contact point for each area and Ileana is fabulous in helping our brides.  I actually do album design/commissioned paintings and then do some school teaching of photography and photoshop as well as jewelry design and commissioned work.

 

For Atabeyra, just email suntours@tciway.tc.  David is the owner with his wife Jenny and they can also give you an idea for prices in October.  We love Atabeyra, they tend to be the expat choice of sailboat on island. 

 

Let me know if you have any other questions

 

Krys

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×