Photo

"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#571 deesanders33

deesanders33
  • 329 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:48 AM

Thanks JB, I def need to look into that forum soon so I can get in on it as well :)

AcutieRN def let me know if you can get the oceanfront because I would def LOVE that!! As for a at home reception, Yes I think we are going to plan one here in Houston and one in Florida actually because I am from Houston and he is from Florida.. We haven't actually started planning for it or even thinking about it honestly but I will let you ladies know when we figure it out :)

#572 deesanders33

deesanders33
    • 329 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

Hey ladies I don't know if you are interested in these deals.. it's like groupon but it's wedding stuff!!!

http://deals.wedding...ns-3?MsdVisit=1

Today for houston it is wedding accessories from a website online.. Tons of cute things!!!

#573 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
      • 460 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:34 AM

We're definitely doing an AHR either a backyard barbecue if our new built home would be ready by May or a brunch a week or two later after we get back home from DR. I think my Future-in-laws wants to take on the expenses so it would depend on them what they want to do for it, we got lucky on that part! LOL. One less expense I have to worry about!

Ladies just wnt to bring up the pashminas again, if any of you are interested on getting in on my bulk order please let me know!

#574 AcutieRN

AcutieRN
        • 156 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

Great ideas for AHR! We live on a lake, so it will be awesome to do it here. Also, his mom may help pay too-that does always help! 

JB-thanks for the offer on the pashminas, but since I am not having attendants I will pass on them.  Thanks though!

So, my STD's are FINALLY done! Wow, they turned out just like I hoped, but they really did take a lot of time.  I did them myself and it may have gone faster if I would have enlisted some girls to help out.  My wedding is so small, I figured I could do it quickly. I was wrong, ha ha! Lots of work but I think they will be worth it.  Here they are, sorry if they are huge.IMG_2051.JPGIMG_2055.JPGIMG_2065.JPG

#575 vav11238

vav11238
          • 166 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

Hi there guys! I'm looking here for a Feb 2012 wedding and would love to see what ever pics you have. But my real question is - what travel agents have you used to set this up? And were they able to get really good deals? 

#576 deesanders33

deesanders33
            • 329 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

AcutieRN those are AWESOME!!! Did you cute the envolopes yourself, or did you use a templete? Also how did you do the Wrap with your monogram on it?? Did you get it printed and you cute it out??

Again you did an awesome job!!!

#577 AcutieRN

AcutieRN
              • 156 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

DeeSanders:Thanks so much! I really do love them, and I think I did as good of a job as I could.  The best part is I priced them out on Etsy and it looked like they would be anywhere from $3.50-5.00 per one STD. I made mine for about $1.90 each!  And that is even a bit high because I added the cute palm tree brads and the extra rhinestone.

I made my own design for the pocket holder. I found the one on alyeebits to be a bit confusing.  I simply divided a regular sheet of paper into even thirds.  I had to play around with this for awhile to make it perfect but I found if I cut off a bit of paper it worked best. I divided each section into about 31/2 inches(I actually used a ruler and used the first tiny mark after the 3.5 inch mark, who knows what that equals ha ha). I cut off the remaining edge to make it all even. I then just cut a corner off of the outside at a diagonal. I just played around until I found what looked good. I then used this "triangle" as a template for each envelope so all of them would be uniform. I found the pocket holder to be the most challenging of everything. My advice is to use a good "boner" so you can get your creases pressed really well.  Also, to "glue" the pocket piece down I had a really hard time. I found everything was too thick to allow my STD's to slide into the pocket.  I tried glue dots, some wide double sided tape for scrapbooking, and hot glue. I couldn't get my STD inserted with any of those. I finally found some scrapbook double side tape squares that are pretty tiny and narrow. I would recommend the more narrow the better.  The wrap with the monogram was really easy. I just had three printed across the bottom of a piece of white paper at Kinko's.  I then cut them into vertical strips and just wrapped them around the envelope.  So easy and I really liked how this part turned out.  I would rec.  the Friskars rotary cutter, made things so much easier.  Also I would get a good corner punch so your fingers don't cramp up.  I tried a cheap one at first, it was awful.  Friskars makes a good one as well as creative memories does.  Hope this helps! It was fun to do, but I am glad they are done.  They are in the mail tomorrow!

#578 deesanders33

deesanders33
                • 329 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Thanks so much for all the help.. I am going to be doing that really soon!!!

As for the Monogram Wrap, Where did you glue it??

#579 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
                  • 460 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

acutie, awesome job with the STD's. it looks great! you're right about the cost, it definitely ends up a lot cheaper than having it made but the time you put into it does take a toll... i'm starting to work on my passport invites, i figured printing it just right front and back would be a bit tricky so getting a head start would be essential! i got some pearlized cardstock from joanne's on sale $12 for 100 sheets! i thought that was a good deal :)

#580 deesanders33

deesanders33
                    • 329 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

Man ladies sounds like I need to get on the ball here!! I was waiting to hear back from NOW to reserve my wedding date. I am waiting on my FI to finish up this hard rotation he is on right now so we can get the wedding invite list all together so I know about how much to get printed and to make.. Acutie where did you get the palm trees??? JB I am planning on doing Passport invites also.. How many pages are you doing in each??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users